AVIC411.com

NEX runs Android, and other useless info

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to have some news. Good luck resurecting your device.

A bit apart of the main subject, but does anyone knows why Pioneer didn't release the firmware v1.08 for SPH-DA120 as a standalone firmware (support website) whereas it's available out of the box for new buyers ????

There is no difference between the 1.07 and 1.08 firmwares for the appradio 4. It is just a way for pioneer to know when the unit came out of the factory. http://www.appradioworld.com/2015/05/pioneer-support-clarifies-appradio-4.html

There is no difference between the 1.07 and 1.08 firmwares for the appradio 4. It is just a way for pioneer to know when the unit came out of the factory. http://www.appradioworld.com/2015/05/pioneer-support-clarifies-appradio-4.html

Yep, I've also read this news, but I keep being septical about it :

• I don't know a single serious developer that only use build version for keeping trace of a production date.
    • Pioneer can still use the device serial number for this, and it's probably more accurate.
    • Possibly it hides a hardware change, then fonctionnalies can remain the same. That's a communication issue then.
      • BTW : I downgraded my device from 1.07 to 1.08, and no issue so far. I didn't use the 1.08 enough to see difference.
  • I also asked support the same question some weeks ago and they only said the v1.08 will be released (no ETA) .... Support was not even aware a new firmware was released with newer devices... 2 differents supports leading to 2 different answers is very strange ....

IMO the only way to confirm this, is a binary compare between 1.07 and 1.08.

The only major difference between the NEX-4000 firmware and the SPH-DA120 is the model number and the GPS module stuff.

You can cross flash a SPH-DA120 1.07 with the NEX-4000 1.08 back and forwards. There are very few, if any, other differences in my analysis.

I think because SPH-DA120 is basically the same as the NEX and uses the same base software they just decided to sync the numbers to make manufacturing easier - they didn't push and update because there was no update, just a version number changing - leaving us confused :)

Small update, I completely recovered my HU.. but some some stupid reason my carplay doesn't work, it's gives a 02-60 error on the HU screen (Communication Error during iPod Authentication). 

If carplay is disabled on my iPhone it can authenticate and be used as an ipod so the auth chip works at some level. I am uncertain if this is my phone or my HU. This is running stock firmware.

So this means that I can't test to see if my nag screen patch works! 

Also, it's important to note that carplay is basically just airplay. The phone does _all_ of the work, the HU basically becomes an external screen and buttons - its similar in concept to how third party apps work on the watch. The actual interface for carplay on the HU is basically auth handshake, and then open up a socket to communicate back and forth. 

Carplay apps are just apps on your phone with special features/interface for the different screen.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...