AVIC411.com

Waiting for CarPlay

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how different the phone interfaces will be. Say I don't always have the phone plugged in for carplay but have it paired to use hands free Bluetooth calling. So I use the phone one way then. But then when it's plugged in for carplay, it uses the carplay interface for calls. It would be nice if you could still use the carplay phone interface when on Bluetooth only.

There will be a hands free interface while not in CP mode and a CP mode hands free interface.

Yeah I just wonder how confusing it will be to go back and forth if you're the type to sometimes have your phone plugged and sometimes not, as I imagine I will be!

Has anyone hacked together a docking station for your iphone yet where you can just slip it in and it has a lightning connector built in? Going to try to do something like that to make it easier and not have the cable flopping around.

Neither port is used for appmode, appmode uses hdmi or rgb and bt, i can't see where you can use appmode and carplay. No way to hook both up at same time.

Of course there is. Car Play will use USB so there is no reason the two cant be used on one unit.