AVIC411.com

Car Play Demoed Today at Media Event!

I believe that the maestro idatalink was advertisd to work with ford sync in a future update. The gauges were never advertised to work, but the steering wheel controls work just fine. I have a meastro hooked up to my 8000 on my Ford Edge. If you go to the maestro site, they show very clearly what functions are available for each car model and radio type.

As far as the AppRadio, that feature is there. It just does not work very well. Avicsync is missing, but again, they said it would be released in a future update.

It's not fale advertising if they say it is going to be in a future release. It is also not false advertising to have a feature that sucks. All that is, is a feature that sucks.

It actually is false advertising when something is listed on a box but buried in a manual states future release. It falls under the "bait and switch" law. this gets some companies in trouble but most get by without a issue. a example would be a advertisement that states quantity or weight a certain price on a item. when you go to buy the item if the quantity or weight is less then advertised at the same price it is "bait and switch" and false advertising. you can substitute a item in its place but it has to be of equal or greater value then the advertised item. that is advertising 101 and i thought common knowledge. 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It actually is false advertising when something is listed on a box but buried in a manual states future release. It falls under the "bait and switch" law. this gets some companies in trouble but most get by without a issue. a example would be a advertisement that states quantity or weight a certain price on a item. when you go to buy the item if the quantity or weight is less then advertised at the same price it is "bait and switch" and false advertising. you can substitute a item in its place but it has to be of equal or greater value then the advertised item. that is advertising 101 and i thought common knowledge.

Did you buy your NEX unit off eBay, a third party or from their website? Their website clearly states it all in plain English. It says that the items you describe will be in a future update. No bait and no switch. If you bought a NEX HU thinking that the maestro, avicsync and carplay were baked into the current firmware, then you did not do your research or your did not read the description page on the website. It's not buried in small print at the bottom of the page, it's right there under each feature.

If someone sold you the unit with the promised features, I would cry to them instead of blaming Pioneer and shedding tears here.

AVICSYNC was never described as being in a future update. In fact up until about 1 week ago it was advertised as a current feature.

When the NEX units were released Carplay was still an Apple rumor and Pioneer was publicly on the sidelines.

But regarding idatalink... it was certainly not implied that this feature would be as restricted as it's turned out to be when it was announced at CES. The chubby bald guy seemed to suggest a far wider availability. An argument could be advanced that Pioneer's advertising is somewhat deceptive. I'm not sure that it rises to the level of being actionable.

Did you buy your NEX unit off eBay, a third party or from their website? Their website clearly states it all in plain English. It says that the items you describe will be in a future update. No bait and no switch. If you bought a NEX HU thinking that the maestro, avicsync and carplay were baked into the current firmware, then you did not do your research or your did not read the description page on the website. It's not buried in small print at the bottom of the page, it's right there under each feature.

If someone sold you the unit with the promised features, I would cry to them instead of blaming Pioneer and shedding tears here.

crying... no! i just think your DEAD WRONG!!! "coming soon" was not listed on the site i purchased from. nor did pioneers site have any disclaimers when the NEX pages went live and i was doing research. in addition i watched a ton of demos where those features were highlighted. regardless you don't advertise features that don't work. you certainly don't go highlight those things on product boxes until they work. your thinking of just because pioneer says "coming soon" it ok and pioneer bares no responsibility because they put up a disclaimer after units were sold is seriously flawed!

When the NEX units were released Carplay was still an Apple rumor and Pioneer was publicly on the sidelines.

Sorry, I'm unsure what you're talking about? CarPlay & AVICSYNC are totally different things. I know CarPlay wasn't available, I was happy to wait for that, however AVICSYNC, which is an iPhone / Android app which links to the inbuilt nav software and allows things such as speed cameras, custom PIOs, fuel prices, weather data etc using your phones cell signal was advertised as a feature, not a "coming soon".

That app is still not available, and by all accounts the rumour is that's on the back burner until after CarPlay.

Until that app is out then the functionality that Pioneer advertised the unit with is missing.

I'm sorry. These things are called NEX units, As in Network Entertainment eXperience. The damn AvicSync is part of the name of the stupid thing. If that's not false advertising I don't know what the hell is. 

As far as iDataLink here in this video is the guy everyone is talking about. Listen to it, and tell me if there is anything he says it does that it doesn't do. I don't use iDataLink so I can't judge. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nJ0AvAO-5Y 

I'm sorry. These things are called NEX units, As in Network Entertainment eXperience. The damn AvicSync is part of the name of the stupid thing. If that's not false advertising I don't know what the hell is. 

As far as iDataLink here in this video is the guy everyone is talking about. Listen to it, and tell me if there is anything he says it does that it doesn't do. I don't use iDataLink so I can't judge. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nJ0AvAO-5Y 

I'm not seeing anything about "AVICSYNC" here.

Pioneer Ted and idatalink.

I have the iDatalink maestro hooked up. Right now, all I get is steering wheel controls because I have it hooked up to the analog (1/8" mini remote connection). Once the Pioneer firmware update is out, I will be able to hook up the iDatalink to the 8 pin digital port, and have access to the stock Ford sync, USB and Bluetooth mic.

I have the iDatalink maestro hooked up. Right now, all I get is steering wheel controls because I have it hooked up to the analog (1/8" mini remote connection). Once the Pioneer firmware update is out, I will be able to hook up the iDatalink to the 8 pin digital port, and have access to the stock Ford sync, USB and Bluetooth mic.

another feature that was advertised and not really there!