AVIC411.com

Car Play Demoed Today at Media Event!

Did you really think you were going to get a better answer? Let me just state this for the record for everyone up front. You will never get a date on a future product release or a firmware update, never, ever!

No, I guess not. Just curious to see what their response would be. 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't surprise me if Apple delayed it until early fall, rolling it out with extended features alongside iPhone 6 (wireless CarPlay?) and iOS 8. Likely not, but it wouldn't surprise me. The pressure is now on to one-up Android Auto, after all...

Pioneer UK just tweeted regarding Carplay. http://www.appradioworld.com/2014/07/pioneer-uk-says-carplay-update-likely-on.html

Seems they are hoping for an early august release, but it's up to apple to approve still.

As the tweet said, the early August date was just a guess on their part. Sadly, I don't think Pioneer itself knows any more about this than we do at this point. Looks like it's all up to Apple now.

As the tweet said, the early August date was just a guess on their part. Sadly, I don't think Pioneer itself knows any more about this than we do at this point. Looks like it's all up to Apple now.

That's just infuriating. If the product wasn't ready yet they'd be apologizing saying they are working hard to finish Carplay. No. Apple is holding it to hold it. Why? Cuz

if that is the case... strip carplay from the update and give the customers their bug fixes and features! 

if that is the case... strip carplay from the update and give the customers their bug fixes and features! 

Agreed. Pioneer should not be waiting for Apple. There should be a separate firmware upgrade to install the missing Pioneer features.

Remember kids....Sept 22nd is when summer ends...

And iOS 8 is expected in the first few weeks of September. Carplay will be released with fanfare. It's the way Apple does things. 

Assuming the firmware that Pioneer submitted to Apple for release is a "bug fixes and core feature additions + CarPlay" update, I'd prefer they let Apple do it's thing. If they separated the two, that would only push the release of CarPlay even further out, as they'd have to validate two separate firmwares as just that...two separate firmwares. By validating a single, unified firmware, they're actually accelerating things. Again, assuming the above is the case. Given CarPlay is probably (maybe) more highly anticipated, I'm thinking they would opt to validate once and ship somewhat "late," as opposed to validating twice and shipping CarPlay even later.

Assuming the firmware that Pioneer submitted to Apple for release is a "bug fixes and core feature additions + CarPlay" update, I'd prefer they let Apple do it's thing. If they separated the two, that would only push the release of CarPlay even further out, as they'd have to validate two separate firmwares as just that...two separate firmwares. By validating a single, unified firmware, they're actually accelerating things. Again, assuming the above is the case. Given CarPlay is probably (maybe) more highly anticipated, I'm thinking they would opt to validate once and ship somewhat "late," as opposed to validating twice and shipping CarPlay even later.

it sounds you really want carplay. i think it cool but i want my deck to work as advertised! i have had the deck installed for a few months. i purchased it because of features that were on the box but no where to found. Pioneer mislead its customers and now Pioneer is using carplay as a vehicle to sell units! with advertising that makes think it has all these great feature but it doesn't! not even Carplay which Apple could decide it needs another 6  months before its ready. early summer release day to xmas 2014.... we will still be waiting!!!!

it sounds you really want carplay. i think it cool but i want my deck to work as advertised! i have had the deck installed for a few months. i purchased it because of features that were on the box but no where to found. Pioneer mislead its customers and now Pioneer is using carplay as a vehicle to sell units! with advertising that makes think it has all these great feature but it doesn't! not even Carplay which Apple could decide it needs another 6 months before its ready. early summer release day to xmas 2014.... we will still be waiting!!!!

Only asking because I don't have mine installed yet...which features are advertised that aren't available?

Only asking because I don't have mine installed yet...which features are advertised that aren't available?

Idatalink. For many people, AppRadio doesn't work as expected either. But that's been an ongoing issue for Pioneer for quite a few years now, while they "advertise" it as a feature.

You guys are free to file suit or a complaint over "false advertising." Let us know how that works out for ya.

Idatalink. For many people, AppRadio doesn't work as expected either. But that's been an ongoing issue for Pioneer for quite a few years now, while they "advertise" it as a feature.

You guys are free to file suit or a complaint over "false advertising." Let us know how that works out for ya.

I believe that the maestro idatalink was advertisd to work with ford sync in a future update. The gauges were never advertised to work, but the steering wheel controls work just fine. I have a meastro hooked up to my 8000 on my Ford Edge. If you go to the maestro site, they show very clearly what functions are available for each car model and radio type.

As far as the AppRadio, that feature is there. It just does not work very well. Avicsync is missing, but again, they said it would be released in a future update.

It's not fale advertising if they say it is going to be in a future release. It is also not false advertising to have a feature that sucks. All that is, is a feature that sucks.

I believe that the maestro idatalink was advertisd to work with ford sync in a future update. The gauges were never advertised to work, but the steering wheel controls work just fine. I have a meastro hooked up to my 8000 on my Ford Edge. If you go to the maestro site, they show very clearly what functions are available for each car model and radio type.

As far as the AppRadio, that feature is there. It just does not work very well. Avicsync is missing, but again, they said it would be released in a future update.

It's not fale advertising if they say it is going to be in a future release. It is also not false advertising to have a feature that sucks. All that is, is a feature that sucks.

Yep. Sadly you're right. I'm really hoping Carplay doesn't end up like Appradio.