AVIC411.com

Car Play Demoed Today at Media Event!

Good! Apple needs to see that people care about Carplay. That article was right on the money. The only part it missed was that Pioneer has confirmed future Carplay functionality. Not android auto functionality, so currently Carplay would be cheaper.

Regardless though apple is dropping the ball here with Carplay. They had working demos from the auto makers and from pioneer. Why has the world gone dark after wwdc?

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It very well could be a possibility but I don't think Beats is going to be integrated into iTunes or be a stock app. It would still have to be downloaded by someone and added to their phone. If that is the case, it should not delay the deployment. Any third party app is going to be a per user download. If the main core apps are good to go then they should roll it out. 

I may be crazy, but am I the only one who thinks that the delay may have something to do with the Beats purchase? That would be a great app to ship with CarPlay, if done right. So, perhaps the delay is to get a Beats CalPlay app ready before launch.

I can almost guarantee there will be no Beats app for CarPlay, because I can also almost guarantee that the Beats brand will slowly go the way of the Dodo. Apple isn't going to buy a company and continue to market its products or services under the original brand -- not for very long, anyway. While Beats has become a big name in audio, Apple will likely make moves to quickly roll it up under its own brand.

Personally, I hate Beats. It's the brand that came to market with the philosophy that everyone's music should be inordinately bass-heavy, be it hip hop, classical, metal, or jazz. Give me a pair of Sony (studio monitors) or Audio Technica headphones any day of the week!

I can almost guarantee there will be no Beats app for CarPlay, because I can also almost guarantee that the Beats brand will slowly go the way of the Dodo. Apple isn't going to buy a company and continue to market its products or services under the original brand -- not for very long, anyway. While Beats has become a big name in audio, Apple will likely make moves to quickly roll it up under its own brand.

Personally, I hate Beats. It's the brand that came to market with the philosophy that everyone's music should be inordinately bass-heavy, be it hip hop, classical, metal, or jazz. Give me a pair of Sony (studio monitors) or Audio Technica headphones any day of the week!

What are you talking about.... Beats is one of the supported apps on Apple's site for Carplay..

https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/

It wouldn't surprise me if it disappears once CarPlay becomes available.

Apple has already been quoted saying that the beats brand isn't going anywhere. The company only laid off people in hr and finance because that can be handled by apple's team, they are advertising for the iTunes festival and still launching new products as well as continuing to make a profit off their headphone line. Beats isn't going anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Ferrari FF's are now being sent out with CarPlay.....so,  it's officially released by Apple now.  Tomorrow is their big media event for showing off iPhone 6, iPhone 6C and iPhone 6 Plus. 

Connect the dots.....CarPlay is coming  this month to us Pioneer peeps