AVIC411.com

Car Play Demoed Today at Media Event!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iOS 8 has been released. The countdown is on! DO NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH! 

This video with hidden features of iOS 8 "could" be Carplay related..

Siri hands free which requires the phone to be plugged in. (Carplay)

Improved Dictation, also helpful for messaging and with Siri in Carplay.

Got off the phone with crutchfield. They tell me that even though the 4000 is currently the only radio with the updated timeline that all the radios are the same underneath and they are all delayed to fall 2014 now.

Crutchfield tells me that Pioneer blames apple or something for the delay but I call shenanigans. I look forward to whatever alpine launches for carplay, so I can get rid of my pioneer 4000nex. I'll be calling Amazon about a special case return due to promised features not arriving.

Lmao. It just gets more and more ridiculous. The units desperately need a firmware update and we all have to wait for Carplay. Pioneer needs to say something or create a separate update.

Absolutely correct. When will Pioneer actually say something? Their disregard for their customers is outrageous.

I have been in the "lets wait and see" camp for some time now. With summer now gone, and no word at all from Pioneer, I am now thinking that I bought a very expensive radio under the assumption of a feature set listed on their web site, and I was lied to. I can accept a delay for good reason, or even a bad reason if the company would just tell us why the promised features were late. But to have the time come and go (twice now) without claification is the poster child on how to run your customers away.

I do like the 8000NEX very much for what it does. But I bought it for the promised features, and those feature are looking more and more like they may not come after all. There are also problems with the radio that desperately need a firmware updat to fix. App radio is too buggy to use. iPhone USB audio issues need to be addressed. Promised live data and traffic is still MIA. Map updates are nowhere to be seen. IDataLink Maestro RR compatability is waiting on the new Pioner update. And the closest we get to CarPlay is YouTube videos.

It's not quit a "Pig in a Poke", but it sure stinks like vaporware. I wonder what Pioneer will announce at the next CES in a few months....

I can guarantee you that, even if CarPlay comes out tomorrow, this is the last Pioneer product I will ever buy. I don't know if this company is arrogant, incompetent, or both, but their utter disregard for and lack of communication with their customers tells me I need to look elsewhere for my equipment.

All this time, all the missed deadlines, and not one statement from the company? Clearly, their attitude is that they already have our money, so there's really no need to deal with us further.

Summer is now over in Germany and soon in the rest of Europe. They have officially missed their summer deadline in some of their markets. 

They still do not have any kind of a press release. They still aren't admitting a delay. They still are pretending we are all morons that can't read a calender or can't remember an initial promise.