AVIC411.com

Car Play Demoed Today at Media Event!

Disappointed car play is late, very upset about AVICSync, but still enjoying my nex

Would rather wait for a nice polished product, than get the quirky, appradio

I agree with this. I'd rather have something that worked perfectly than half baked. I think the disingenuous advertising and lack of communication is what's so disappointing. I have never thought carplay would add significant functionality to the radio but it certainly was the reason I picked the NEX over the competition and other, cheaper pioneer options.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's something interesting I didn't realize before, the Ferrari uses an Alpine system - http://www.autoconnectedcar.com/2014/09/ferrari-wins-iphone-race-1st-carplay-connected-car-for-ios-7-8/.  Looks like Alpine has the upper hand - although most of us jumped on the Pioneer bandwagon simply for the early promise of Carplay compatibilty. The upshot of the Pioneer delay and Alpine saying it was coming to market in the fall is that Pioneer's false marketing worked, which probably ticks off Alpine as well as the users.

Here's something interesting I didn't realize before, the Ferrari uses an Alpine system - http://www.autoconnectedcar.com/2014/09/ferrari-wins-iphone-race-1st-carplay-connected-car-for-ios-7-8/. Looks like Alpine has the upper hand - although most of us jumped on the Pioneer bandwagon simply for the early promise of Carplay compatibilty. The upshot of the Pioneer delay and Alpine saying it was coming to market in the fall is that Pioneer's false marketing worked, which probably ticks off Alpine as well as the users.

We bet on the wrong horse guys. Lesson learned. Never buying pioneer again.

The truth is, no one knows anything at this point except Apple and Pioneer--and Pioneer certainly a isn't saying anything. 162 comments on their most recent Facebook post and not a single response from the company. They're alienating their customers right and left, and they're too afraid to say a word.

The truth is, no one knows anything at this point except Apple and Pioneer--and Pioneer certainly a isn't saying anything. 162 comments on their most recent Facebook post and not a single response from the company. They're alienating their customers right and left, and they're too afraid to say a word.

To be honest, Pioneer shouldn't be saying anything right now until there is something to say. The damage of delivering a date (however vague) and then missing it is already done. Speaking up with a revised date, while a fair request, just provides another opportunity to screw it up all over again.

Sometimes it is better to just let folks be angry at you while you work to fix it than trying to placate them and failing at it.

To be honest, Pioneer shouldn't be saying anything right now until there is something to say. The damage of delivering a date (however vague) and then missing it is already done. Speaking up with a revised date, while a fair request, just provides another opportunity to screw it up all over again.

Sometimes it is better to just let folks be angry at you while you work to fix it than trying to placate them and failing at it.

I agree to them not giving a new date. However, there should be some form of an apology from the company. Pretending we don't have calendars and that we don't know summer has passed is just plain asinine. 

What they should have done is Apologized in a formal press release and then just stated "it will come out when it is ready. Not a day before, not a day after. Please be patient."

Well its supposedly coming in summer 2014 in Australia as well which is in December, so that's where this mix up comes from. Even though both Pioneer USA and Pioneer's main headquarters in Japan are countries in the Northern Hemisphere, they are on a Southern Hemisphere Calender System. Carplay isn't late at all! How could I have been so silly thinking otherwise? /s