AVIC411.com

Car Play Demoed Today at Media Event!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree to them not giving a new date. However, there should be some form of an apology from the company. Pretending we don't have calendars and that we don't know summer has passed is just plain asinine. 

What they should have done is Apologized in a formal press release and then just stated "it will come out when it is ready. Not a day before, not a day after. Please be patient."

Knowing folks who work at American arms of Japanese companies, I'm not surprised that they are being tight with an apology. It is a cultural thing, and one of the biggest differences between how the western and eastern cultures handle business. And when you have a Japanese-based company calling the shots, they will tighten up on their international arms as a way of preventing the further loss of face. 

But an apology really only works if you have something else to give with it here. Otherwise it appears you are just trying to calm down an angry crowd (which you are). You may satisfy the folks who really just want an admission of guilt (which is hard enough from a Japanese company!), but then you get blasted by the folks who just want the damn thing. It is a lose-lose. The best option Pioneer has, which they likely won't do, is apologize once the firmware is out.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I Have one doubt about carplay and appradio 4. If I buy new appradio 4 with 2 USB 's. I will be able to connect one iPod classic with all my music in one usb and to connect the an iPhone 6 in the other one to use carplay. This way I can use MAPS to get instructions and then at the same time to listen music from the iPod.

can you confirm this feature.

thks