AVIC411.com

Car Play Demoed Today at Media Event!

^ Not exciting for you, but VERY exciting for me.  I've got an mlb.tv account and "At Bat" is one of the app's that I use the most.  If that rolls out for the remainder of this season, I'll be ecstatic!

(The "Quote" button doesn't work for me.  Grrrrr . . . )

:mrgreen: Sorry!  Here's a video http://techcrunch.com/2014/06/02/hands-on-with-apples-carplay-in-the-ferrari-ff/ he opens the MLB app for like .5 seconds.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:mrgreen: Sorry!  Here's a video http://techcrunch.com/2014/06/02/hands-on-with-apples-carplay-in-the-ferrari-ff/ he opens the MLB app for like .5 seconds.

No worries!  Different strokes for different folks, you know?

Just seeing a glimpse of that app was interesting.  I was hoping that video feed would be an option as well for those who have the premium membership.  But if you can't even see the text of messages that Siri is reading to you, I can see where CarPlay wouldn't allow for video of baseball games.  Still, it will be very convenient as opposed to opening the app over whatever music is playing through the iPod and then seeing whether or not it decides to swap over to the baseball game.  Sometimes I have to switch over to Bluetooth audio instead of iPod1 because of this.

I'm pleased that "At Bat" is a kickoff app for CarPlay.  I've been impressed at how quickly MLB rolls out new / updated app's for mobile OS's, gaming consoles, smart TV's / Blu Ray players, etc.

That video IS recent.  Twins / Brewers was today's game.

(And what do you know?  The quote command works for me on Google Chrome, but not on IE.  Guess I'll being using Chrome for all AVIC411 chat from now on!)

Thank you again for sharing!

The release date will be when it gets released. Other then that there is no date.

They showed it off at the Pioneer event, supposedly the NEXs are also at the Apple WWDC in a classic mustang. Carplay is a "launched" product from apple, and Pioneer obviously has a working interface for Carplay. I want it!

I reread that article. Pioneer says nothing about the update coming within a matter of weeks. They only say "early summer" which is what they've been saying. 

I reread that article. Pioneer says nothing about the update coming within a matter of weeks. They only say "early summer" which is what they've been saying.

Yes, it was likely edited and is not surprising that they'd revert to the official company statement, rather than speculation by the presenters. When the article was released, it said a matter of weeks.

Yes, it was likely edited and is not surprising that they'd revert to the official company statement, rather than speculation by the presenters. When the article was released, it said a matter of weeks.

I wonder which party is holding it up? I have a feeling it's apple rejecting pioneer's buggy ass software.

I wonder which party is holding it up? I have a feeling it's apple rejecting pioneer's buggy ass software.

About time SOMEBODY has some authority over their software!  Everybody reading this thread, send Apple a $1 gratiuty for their quality control!

Hey guys NUB here. For my Iphone can I just connect the stock apple lightning cable for the carplay to work ? or I have to buy these fancy Pioneer adapters etc to make my Iphone work. 

thanks

Just a lightning cable. It won't work until the update but no fancy extra cables are necessary.