AVIC411.com

8000 Start Up Time

I know the unit is essentially a mini computer but you it would be nice for start up to be almost instant. My wife has a 2103 Ford Explorer with Sync and that boots up and starts playing music within seconds.

Could you incorporate a keyless entry to start up accessories in your car so that by the time you get in the car the system is essentially already booted up? Or would the unit basically restart once you start the car? Not that tech savvy enough to understand all that could be involved here.

Looking to buy this unit as well so any insight is appreciated. Thanks! 

My choice was between the 8000nex and dnn991hd. Didn't want to wait that long and the bootup time is slow on the dnn990hd. As for the connecting it to the accessory in my truck it stays on. But when I go to the on position it shuts down and reboots itself.

I currently have the dnn990hd and plan to replace it soooon as I can.   Right now it's about 45 seconds to boot up to play anything.  So 10-25 seconds is likeable, at least I'd still be in my driveway

But you're right they should be able to be going sooner.... I know the talk on the Kenwood forums talk about it would have been as easy as a small battery, could even have made it replaceable once the screen on the 990 was down just like getting to the SD card , make it a nicad so it's recharged.... after all we paid 1200-1400 for the darn things.....

When I have the extra cash, I'll be getting the 8000 .... So I've been keeping an eye on this forum for any issues.... so far NONE like the 990 ... I'm on my second replacment already in less than a year

This unit does everything slower than my z150BH. Interface touch response is fast but that's it. Changing XM stations has a delayed response, going into reverse and having the cam pop up has a delay... Switching to nav for the first time takes forever... It's slowwww... But pretty.