AVIC411.com

Music/Maps connecting as phone call on startup??

So, this same thing happened on my old AVH-x8500bhs receiver, so I know it's not an issue with just my unit.  For whatever reason, on occasion if I already have google maps running on my iPhone before turning on the HU (4000NEX), the Bluetooth audio will connect as if I'm having a phone call with myself and start playing music & navigation in "phone audio" mode, which not only sounds terrible, but I have a call in progress on my HU screen & if I tap the "end call" button, nothing happens.  As far as I can see, the only way to get out of it is to turn off Bluetooth on the phone & break the connection entirely.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Can I do anything to fix it??

I haven't seen this problem to the extreme that you describe, but every now and again I'll see something similar. Say I'm using Waze while listening to music from the SD Card... if Waze needs to alert that there is a cop ahead, the music will stop, the radio looks like I'm receiving a phone call, I hear the alert from Waze, then the "phone call" ends and my music starts playing again. It doesn't happen all the time and I can find no rhyme nor reason on what is causing it.

So, this same thing happened on my old AVH-x8500bhs receiver, so I know it's not an issue with just my unit.  For whatever reason, on occasion if I already have google maps running on my iPhone before turning on the HU (4000NEX), the Bluetooth audio will connect as if I'm having a phone call with myself and start playing music & navigation in "phone audio" mode, which not only sounds terrible, but I have a call in progress on my HU screen & if I tap the "end call" button, nothing happens.  As far as I can see, the only way to get out of it is to turn off Bluetooth on the phone & break the connection entirely.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Can I do anything to fix it??

Only once I had an issue where my HU said I was receiving a call I couldn't get it to hang up either but I had no call. So I rebooted phone and shit off car, all was well after