AVIC411.com

New Pioneer U260 Nav Add-on

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is assumed that the 260 will have the new custom version of iGo Pioneer is now using on thier NEX units as oposed to the garbage they've been using sense the second gen Z series and the previous serise of U modules.

Install went smooth, still learning, but am pleased with results. Will play more tomorrow. 1 thing i found out, i had to unplug hdmi from apple av adapter, when i hit mode, with hdmi, plugged in, it defaults to app mode, i was hoping the mode switch would toggle with nav, app mode and music/video mode. More to come after I learn more.

• 2 weeks later...

Install went smooth, still learning, but am pleased with results. Will play more tomorrow. 1 thing i found out, i had to unplug hdmi from apple av adapter, when i hit mode, with hdmi, plugged in, it defaults to app mode, i was hoping the mode switch would toggle with nav, app mode and music/video mode. More to come after I learn more.

How about an undate and pics? I just saw a u250 listed on ebay for $260 wondering if the 260 is worth the price difference

Sorry for the delay, I have been adding rear view camera, video splitter with amplifier for the two headrest monitors, ( i was using a y-splitter, but i read they split the video and reduce the signal to the monitors), along with figuring out what to install in the way of a hdmi switch, to keep from having to unplug it from apple av adapter when i want to use navi. I will take vblue42's explanation on the difference in the u260 and u250, since i have never seen the u250 hooked up. I do wish the navi had its own icon on the home screen instead of hitting the mode switch. Graphics are fine with me, the traffic channel is ok, although it tells me about accidents 100 miles away, but i have not made a road trip to see if it affects my route. I probably could have waited for carplay, or just used one of my navi apps on app radio, but i thought what the heck. will try to get pics of antenna locations and hidden unit location and video of navi operation.

Honestly I wouldn't waste any money on a navi solution from Pioneer. Although the new navis are much better then the previous 4 or 5 years, they pail in comparison to any smart phone navi app. With app mode and soon to be Car Play it really is a no brainer to me. Of course I've owned just about all the navis from Pio and Kenwood over those years as well as an in-dash iPad so I may be a spoiled. Anyway, it will be the AVH-4000 and Car Play for me next.

video showing  startup of nex, startup of nav, Home screen with nav icon, and general view of nav screen, also put in reverse to show rear view camera screen, then The Croods were playing on sd card. Pics to follow, I thought video would be better but should have shot in landscape mode.

youtube video