AVIC411.com

New Pioneer U260 Nav Add-on

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at the point the head unit has booted, if i am in nav mode, i have to wait for nav to boot. I usually am in receiver mode with music or movie on and never see the boot screen for nav. I had installed the rear view camera the other night but forgot to hook up wire from head unit to reverse to turn it on. When i took the video, i had just pulled unit, connected the reverse wire from head unit to the red wire coming out of the harness of the camera, and so rear view screen works like it should now. I also noticed the green NAVI icon located in top left screen for the first time. U260 manual says wait 10 seconds before hitting mode. 

• 1 year later...

after the initial 10 seconds, everything is ready except for navi, that is another 10 seconds.

I know this is an old topic, but I am in the process of installing the avic-u260 and was wondering where you placed the TMC antenna? I also saw somewhere that you do not need to put the GPS antenna on the dash, but you could put it under the dash and it will still work fine as long it is still has sight of the front window. 

Thanks,

Phil

I just had that installed yesterday, it's working find, but it's cutting out (plug in SD card) as I drive, so I'm going to go back and see if it's just a loose wire.

My question for you is , do you have/use Android phone, and if you do, have you been able to get the Navi and the Android Auto to work together (switchable between)?  I can get it so that it's either, but not both and I have the right cables from Pioneer.

An update, the 260 has not told me to reinsert the SD card since, and Pioneer only said I should press the reset button on the front of the unit.  I haven't done that yet.  I will the next time it does it...

one thing, I hope the 6/7/8100's boot faster into Navi mode, 10 seconds is not bad, but sometimes I can get out the driveway and down the street before the Navi is ready and it sees the sat signals.  8)

• 2 weeks later...

Well the screen is much better (duh), the Navi seems to have better definition a far as what you're looking at.  I know the 8100 (not sure about 7100) has the 3D buildings, of which is not a huge deal, but kinda neat sometimes...

My gripe with the U260 was that because it's seperate it was telling me that I needed to insert the SD card a few times... (that is what it uses to store the maps)

I went the 8100 route because the difference in price from the7100 to the 8100 wasn't very much...$75 at the time..

the 7100 is basicly the 4100 with the U260 built in (and hopfully as good of maps as the 8100)

it probably doens't help much, but that is what I remember...  8)