AVIC411.com

Annoying Parking Brake Message

When I installed my 8000NEX I permanantly grounded the parking brake input wire and then did the bypass. The bypass is working fine but every trip I have to click past an annoying message which says my parking brake input is not properly wired. I guess the bypass doesn't bypass the annoying nag screens. :(

If I go back in there and wire the parking brake input properly I assume it will a) get rid of the nag screen, and B) have no effect on the operation of the bypass.

Am I right?

Famous-characters-Troll-face-Challenge-a

So while I had the console apart this morning to run some other wiring I went back and corrected the parking brake wiring also (i.e. instead of simply grounding it I hooked it up to the actual parking brake lead, just as Pioneer intended). After powering the unit back up and re-applying the nanny bypass, I threw in a DVD to play while I drove over to the Post Office. I'm happy to report that the nanny bypass still works and the "your parking brake is miswired" nag screens are gone!! WooHoo!!!!

Now if I could just get these AppRadio mode bugs fixed... :D