AVIC411.com

NEX Problem Thread

I figured we should start a list of problems that multiple users are having, maybe we can compile a list and send this off to Pioneer in hopes they fix them (yeah right). If you have a NEX unit and experience the same issues, please chime in,

1. App Radio Won't Start: Depending on what activities were performed prior to starting App Radio, it sometimes won't start. The screen on the head unit shows its waiting for the iPhone to start app mode, but app mode never starts on the phone nor does it prompt you to Allow or Ignore the request. Entering the Bluetooth screen on the NEX and disabling then re-enabling the connection temporarily resolves this.

2. While using appmode if you manually place a call on the iPhone the Bluetooth connectivity is disabled and the call is placed over the iPhones speaker. If you press the phone button on the head unit, it indicates there is no device connected via Bluetooth. If you open the NEX's Bluetooth screen, it DOES indicate a Bluetooth connection. If you disable then re-enable the device via the NEX, the connectivity is restored.

3. Sometimes when starting your car with your iPhone present, the Bluetooth connection to the NEX isn't made and you have to manually connect it via the Bluetooth menu on the NEX.

NEW as of 5/28/2014:

Navigation Issues:

4. There are no breadcrumb trails like my old Avic N3 had or my Z150BH had.

5. I don't like the compass display, I like seeing the compass on the screen so I can tell where North is.. I have to think about it when it tells me I'm going SE. (Ok, I guess I'm stupid)

6. There's no "Repeat last verbal instruction" button like the old units had.

7. The routes it takes me on are absolutely ridiculous. I don't understand why it's choosing the routes it does. A straight light isn't necessarily faster when the road is a local road lined with traffic lights... the longer path that has a higher speed limit and less lights makes more sense.. and my old units were smart enough pick this.. not the NEX8000 so far.

8. Backup camera start-up time takes twice as long as my Z150BH did when placing the car in reverse.

9. None of the alerts work.. (IE: School zones, railroad crossings, etc...)

Is anyone else experiencing this with an iPhone? (I'm using a 5 on ios 7.1.1). Do you have any other issues to add?

-Keith

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you plug your iphone in before Bluetooth connection is well established, the phone will still connect but Pandora won't properly connect -- meaning you can listen via Bluetooth audio and see song info but cannot use Pandora interface.

I have no problems with phone connected BT and usb1 and have full control of pandora functions, also in smartphone setup I have USB chosen so I'm not too sure what you are saying is correct

Not as much a problem, but annoyance.

I have AVH4000NEX with AVIC-U260 nav add-on,

My phone cradle has apple av adapter built in, and hdmi cable hooked up to head unit, lightning cable to car charger. If i want to use navigation, i have to unplug the hdmi from apple av adapter, when i hit mode switch with hdmi connected, navigation is not an option, doesnt show up anywhere, if i unplug hdmi, nav shows up under mode switch. I want to toggle between receiver mode, app mode and nav mode, without disconnecting anything, now with carplay due, i wonder what kind of wrench that will throw in the mix.

Not as much a problem, but annoyance.

I have AVH4000NEX with AVIC-U260 nav add-on,

My phone cradle has apple av adapter built in, and hdmi cable hooked up to head unit, lightning cable to car charger. If i want to use navigation, i have to unplug the hdmi from apple av adapter, when i hit mode switch with hdmi connected, navigation is not an option, doesnt show up anywhere, if i unplug hdmi, nav shows up under mode switch. I want to toggle between receiver mode, app mode and nav mode, without disconnecting anything, now with carplay due, i wonder what kind of wrench that will throw in the mix.

Well, with car play all you will need is the lightning cable plugged into any 5 series phone stated on the car play site

I have no problems with phone connected BT and usb1 and have full control of pandora functions, also in smartphone setup I have USB chosen so I'm not too sure what you are saying is correct

I have my phone set as bluetooth, not USB, and I'm pretty sure (100%, in fact) that what I'm saying is correct since it happens to me. I chose bluetooth because I was getting poor audio when Waze tried to direct audio over bluethooth when using USB.

I have my phone set as bluetooth, not USB, and I'm pretty sure (100%, in fact) that what I'm saying is correct since it happens to me. I chose bluetooth because I was getting poor audio when Waze tried to direct audio over bluethooth when using USB.

I've had no problem with waze while playing music, and using app mode, however when I use waze I have digital converter selected as smartphone connection

I too have problems with Bluetooth it will connect fine but it wont play music unless I go on the phone and pick a playlist first then everything works they way I should. this happens maybe 3 out of every 10 times I start the car also I think its such a pain in the ass that the nav doesn't shut off when you arrive at your destination

The AVIC-8000NEX and/or AppRadio 2.6.0 has a problem with KitKat on the Galaxy Note 3 (earlier versions of Andoid appear to work fine). Lots of complaints in the Google Play Store comments for the AppRadio app about things breaking after the KitKat update.

If you plug your iphone in before Bluetooth connection is well established, the phone will still connect but Pandora won't properly connect -- meaning you can listen via Bluetooth audio and see song info but cannot use Pandora interface.

Update : I deleted the pairing of my iphone on the unit (and vice versa on the phone) and paired it again, and this problem went away.

GPS re routed me all around. I was 1.2 miles away from the neighborhood walgreens. And it took me around a scenic route 4.4 miles around. Next I was going to drop my in law at the greyhound bus stop. Which was 20 mins away. Never been there. Took me on another scenic route and took to someone's house just to tell me to make a u turn and go back the same way I came from in one hour. Smh. I was pissed.