AVIC411.com

Z3 DHL cable(micro usb to rca) to Galaxy S4 connection issues

Hi,

Been reading the forum for several months since purchase of a Mustang with Z3 installed. Wanting to mirror my Galaxy S4 to the Z3 screen. Bought this cable on Fleabay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Newest-MHL-Micro-USB-to-RCA-HDTV-Adapter-AV-Cable-For-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-S3-S-IV-/291014220266?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cables_Adapters&hash=item43c1cc99ea

post-116719-0-87467500-1401213831_thumb.jpg

Power the cable through the usb, hook video(yellow), audio(red&white) to the video in RCA's on back of unit. Set the settings to video on, external off. Getting awesome sound but picture is colored lines static, it is getting something because when you change the screen on the phone the z3 screen changes color as well. Any suggestions? Possible that I need an HDMI back to analog(RCA) adapter? Wanting to keep all the connections hid in console & if that's the case I am running out of power ports.

Awesome board, thanks for the help,

Joel S.

• 2 months later...

Interesting concept there.  While in thorey you should be able to mirror the screen to the AVIC, I think that something with Mirrorlink where you can also operate the phone from the screen would be better.  I say better, but not available.

I think you're already outputting an analog signal there through the 3 RCA plugs.  But reading the auction (poorly translated to english) it is unclear if it is a HD signal or not.  You may need to try a Digital to analog converter in there somewhere.  Just another thing to power and hide away in the dash... 

The wording in the auction is difficult to understand as it has obviously been poorly translated.  I think what it means to say is that your phone has to be rooted in order to work, and even when rooted if you have AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, or T-mobile it will not work.