AVIC411.com

Playing video with VGA adapter on my unit doesn't seem to be working. I have tried everything. I am able to get the useless AppRadio feature to work but then I press on Youtube/Netflix and/or any video on my phone it displays for a split second then it asks me to open the horrific AppRadio app. Any insights? I am going crazy with this. $150 in cable and I am only able to view the horrific AppRadio app? I have read of people using this adapter with other radios haven't had a problem. Maybe I have to reset the system or something? Any insights? 

To play netflix here is my setup

iPhone 5s connected to HDMI LIGHTNING adapter

In smartphone setup I have USB chosen as setup

Chose Hdmi as your source, at first the screen is small but when I play netflix it fills the screen and looks good.

Pull out the radio make sure your connections are tight

iPhone make sure USB 1 is being utilized or android USB 2

If it's asking u to start appradio mode then you probably have digital adapter selected in your settings and not USB

In smartphone setup in the nex settings did you try selecting USB as your connection type? If your not getting video than u probably have a faulty unit

Thanks for the replies. I have tried that also. If I choose USB instead of VGA adapter I get an X in the APPS ICON on the HU. And the image still doesn't mirror. I can't have a faulty unit because of the fact that I was able to get youtube showing with that awful app EC touch, a one hour trial. It is just not letting me run other things that I have read users have been able to run. Mirroring screen. Netflix. All with other units that use exactly the same cable as mine does. And I spoke to Pioneer and they said: " Those apps are not officially supported but sometimes can run on your unit". Really? wow. Now that's support. I'm getting 10 times the support from you guys than Pioneer directly. 

I will try it again after I get out of work. I read something in the manual about not having bluetooth on while doing all this. But AppRadio mode will not even connect without bluetooth turned on. It is so weird. Thanks again. I will let you know. 

Hello. So I did it just like that and nothing. It's all about the AppRadio app. What I tried this time was that I started playing a YouTube video and I could see on the iPhone screen that it was displaying it on an external display. It obviously did not show anything on the HU, when it asked me to open AppRadio it showed the video I was playing for a second and then disappeared. It pretty much mocked me right there. Well? Anything else I can do? 

I will do this again. What I did last night was download a purchased movie from itunes because I had nothing on my iPhone video app. And I apologize more having multiple threads on the same topic. I was just going desperate. I will let you know. Thanks. 

Ok well video on your phone is not your stated problem. Your thread is about issues with video apps like Netflix or You Tube. Follow these instructions to the letter and let me know what happens.

Try this: push the app mode icon, when it ask to confirm hit ignore on both devices. Then open your video app and let is know what happens.

Ok well video on your phone is not your stated problem. Your thread is about issues with video apps like Netflix or You Tube. Follow these instructions to the letter and let me know what happens.

Thanks for the reply. The reason I mentioned the iPhone video app is because maybe these problems are related. I did what you mentioned. When I opened the NETFLIX and then Youtube video app All I see on the HU screen is the message " Please open the AppRadio app or compatible app and make sure your phone is unlocked ". If I open AppRadio and then open Netflix I can keep hearing the sound on my unit but no video and the messages appears. If I switch to the AppRadio app I see the video for a split second being reflected on my HU and then forces me into AppRadio.