AVIC411.com

Reverse Wire Stopped Working

Hello all. Question about my installation.

8000NEX going into a 2011 Jeep Wrangler with factory amp via a Maestro harness. Double and triple checked all the wiring.

At first, backup camera was working as intended, however after a day with the unit, it no longer comes on when in reverse. It still comes on if I go into 'camera mode', however.

I checked the config menu, and reverse always says 'low', it never switches to 'high'

Double checked the wiring, no luck.

Pulled out the Maestro and reflashed it, no luck

Bypassed the Maestro, by wiring the 8000NEX purple wire straight to my car's reverse wire, no luck

Reset the entire unit to default settings, no luck

I'm unsure where to go from here. ANy idea? thanks!

Bypassed the Maestro, by wiring the 8000NEX purple wire straight to my car's reverse wire, no luck

I'm unsure where to go from here. ANy idea? thanks!

Try connecting the reverse gear input wire directly to a +12V source and check the diagnostic screen - if it doesn't show "high" then I'd say the reverse gear input on your 8000NEX is blown.

Yep.  Check the actual wire that is going to purple with the tag and make sure it has 12V on it when you're in reverse.

If it does, jump 12V (e.g. accessory power) to that wire on the radio harness and see if the camera activates.

If it doesn't then the input is fried on the unit or the wire itself in the connector is bad.

No, what we're saying is that if you connect 12V to the purple wire tagged "reverse sense" on the head unit it should think you're in reverse and immediately display the camera, provided it's turned on in the settings.

If it does, then the head unit is working properly.

If it does not, then it is not.

Run a temporary wire from your reverse light and hook it up to the units reverse signal wire make sure all settings are correct and see if it works, maybe your wire got pinched.

Post your settings in camera setup here

I believe it's camera signal battery

Reverse camera on

Plug camera into the BROWN CAMERA plug on the back of the HU, NOT TJE YELLOW DONGLE WIRE.

post so we can see

I have already run the puprle wire straight to my reverse light and it still doesn't register.

The settings are all correct: reverse is on and camera is set to battery.

I have not tried connecting a 12V wire to the purple wire yet, I'll try that next and update here.

Thanks

So, I figured it out. What I had done, was trace the wire from my rear passenger light (white with grey stripe) all the way to the passenger wire harness under the glove box. I spliced into the white with grey stripe wire there. Low an behold, not all white with grey stripe wires are the same!

Today, I ran the wire directly to the far back rear passenger light and ran it all through the carpet, etc. It now works flawlessly. Thanks for the replies.