AVIC411.com

live traffic and weather settings nex8000

The weather thing, I think, is apart of avicsync which hasn't been released yet... I was beating my head against the wall for a bit about that myself.

Now, live traffic seems to be working for me because I'm getting those alerts but I'm not entirely sure.

I have the 7000

There's two parts to the traffic, as I understand it. One is the traffic that we have now, and that is broadcast over radio signals. This is available in "over 90 cities", but I've never been able to find a list of what's covered. So far between Fort Walton Beach, FL and Biloxi, MS, I've received traffic info only in Pensacola and Mobile.

The second part of traffic is what we're supposed to get with avicsync. No idea what the source is...hopefully they have a deal with google/waze to get the crowd sourced data. But I doubt it.

Ah that explains it - my alerts were in and around Los Angeles...  I really wish they were more clear that avicsync isn't available yet..

They are not too clear on several things, you really have to dig to find out any information. On the 4000nex site, it talks about the traffic channel but fail to say you have to have a nav unit for it to work. No where in their manual do they tell you what max size sd card, usb drive or hard drive the units will support, it has been trial and error for most.