AVIC411.com

Gps just failed

I was driving and decided to look for a dairy Queen when  i switched to the gps screen it said gps failed contact manufacturer or dealer,the unit was working fine yesterday now is's has a problem,pulled it out to check all the connections everything is plugged in, even the vss is not working and it has been,,i also checked the diagnostic function and it said speed pulse not detected as well as gps. i hope this is something minor or i might go ahad with the Kenwood Excelon DNN991HD.

post-116282-0-42061300-1401429867_thumb.jpg

post-116282-0-65746400-1401429869_thumb.jpg

I got the same message this morning on my 5000.  I turned off the car and restarted and did not get the message but now has "looking for GPS signal" with animated dots moving back and forth.  After about 5 minutes still looking.  The map has my location as my driveway where I turned the car off last night.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I ended  up exchanging it for a replacement, they said  the unit was faulty.

i went back and forth with the seller from eBay because i wanted to exchange  it in person since i was going to be in California and i was going to be in the area that i ordered it from and  i did not want to drive around without my radio and navigation  for a week or so,but they kept insisting that i ship it back instead of exchanging it in person which made me very suspicious,after about ten long   email exchanges and insistence, they had me go to another location and exchange it in some tiny hidden store that look like it was barely set up for business.

I probably will never order something of this value from eBay again,even though i checked the feedback before hand and they had a 99 percent good approval rating.

I ended  up exchanging it for a replacement, they said  the unit was faulty.

i went back and forth with the seller from eBay because i wanted to exchange  it in person since i was going to be in California and i was going to be in the area that i ordered it from and  i did not want to drive around without my radio and navigation  for a week or so,but they kept insisting that i ship it back instead of exchanging it in person which made me very suspicious,after about ten long   email exchanges and insistence, they had me go to another location and exchange it in some tiny hidden store that look like it was barely set up for business.

I probably will never order something of this value from eBay again,even though i checked the feedback before hand and they had a 99 percent good approval rating.

A lot of eBay sellers of electronics equipment actually sell out of warehouses that drop ship the equipment.  The seller themselves keep very little if any equipment on hand.