AVIC411.com

Which Pioneer AV unit do you have and why?

Vote for the best NEX model  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which model is your choice?

• AVIC-8000NEX Flagship Receiver w 7â? WVGA "NON REMOVABLE" Capacitive Touch" Display n
    • AVIC-7000NEX Navigation AV Receiver w 7â? WVGA "NON REMOVABLE" Touch Display
    • AVIC-6000NEX Navigation AV Receiver w 6.1â? WVGA "NON MOTORIZED" Touch Display
    • AVIC-5000NEX Navigation AV Receiver w 6.1â? WVGA "NON MOTORIZED" Touch screen Display
    • AVH-4000NEX AV Reciever w 7" wvga "REMOVABLE" Touch Screen and optional AVIC-U260 NAV
    • AVH-X5600BHS AV Reciever w 7" wvga "NON REMOVABLE" Touch Screen and optional AVIC-U260 NAV

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7000 cost and availability. Luckily I've never seen the 8000 and was originally going to do the 7000. The 7000 was really pushing my budget but I'm SUPER happy with it. Although I may have been really happy with the 5000 too. I'm kinda waiting for carplay (Apple's WWDC is Monday - so my guess is the new NEX firmware will post next week) but I'm really happy with the interface so if carplay is a dud I'm still really happy.

Keep in mind I've never had a custom radio with upgraded speakers and I'm super happy with the way t sounds.

7000 cost and availability. Luckily I've never seen the 8000 and was originally going to do the 7000. The 7000 was really pushing my budget but I'm SUPER happy with it. Although I may have been really happy with the 5000 too. I'm kinda waiting for carplay (Apple's WWDC is Monday - so my guess is the new NEX firmware will post next week) but I'm really happy with the interface so if carplay is a dud I'm still really happy.

Keep in mind I've never had a custom radio with upgraded speakers and I'm super happy with the way t sounds.

I would assume sound quality is the one thing that remains constant on all the NEX models.

Yes, but...

The 4000 and 8000 share the higher-capability equalizer, which for me is well worth having.  Cars are a real beast when it comes to audio environment and having the ability to match the frequency response curve of the vehicle to a reasonable extent is very, very nice.

I'm very impressed with the audio quality -- never mind that the unit will play FLAC files, which is almost a religious experience for me.

If you anticipate using AppRadio Mode, or CarPlay when it becomes available, you'll regret not having the capacitive touchscreen.  Trying to swipe the icons using the resistive touchscreen on my AVH-8500BHS was infuriating! Now if they had capacitive touchscreens on a model(s) for those who don't want built-in navigation, that could be the best of both worlds!

I must say that I am surprised at just how happy I am with the 8000NEX so far . . .

Looks like they do -- some earlier spec sheets showed a smaller number of bands on the EQ.

It appears that the differences are primarily found in screen size, type (capacitive only on the 8000) and whether the "face" is detachable (4000 only), along with a few other things.

I didn't care about Nav on the unit as I refuse to pay an annual update cost for the map database on a perpetual basis when I have the same capability on my phone without said cost, and I only need it a small part of the time.  On the other hand I want music all the time when I'm driving.  If the Nav was a one-time hit with no recurring expense and was at least as good as what I have on my phone I'd probably go for it, but it's not.

I don't care about carplay or appmode.  What I want in that regard none of the current pathways offer.

I think the 5000 and 6000 also have detachable "faces".

You don't have to update the nav data anually. I find that the roads where I travel don't seem to change that quickly so I will update every few years. I do think they ought to offer cheaper updates though.