AVIC411.com

NEX 8000 Reverse Camera Problems

Hi Guys,

My unit is a NEX 8000 installed into a 2006 Lexus RX330.

It was professionally installed, everything worked.  Then I with a basic knowledge in car audio install a camera without reading the manual.  I hooked everything up but the reverse light to the head unit.  The camera is hooked up to the reverse light and grounded.  I ran the video cable through the vehicle and to the head unit.  Turned the car on, turn the camera setting on in the h/u, put the setting on to ground and turned the unit off and back on, the machine would turn on and stay at the camera screen, it had no other function other than volume and channel change. Read the manual, saw I didn't hook up the cable.  Instead of tearing up the car, I ran a line from the fuse box to the radio and it worked in reverse.  When its in anything but reverse, like drive or park, the camera comes back on after 5 seconds and stays on.  If I touch the screen it will go back to the radio, but 5 seconds later, back to camera.  It does this when I am driving but the rear camera has no power at that point.  So today I decided to pull the cable off of the reverse and deal with running a new cable later.  But the damn H/u keeps going back to the camera with no wire hooked up.  Does anyone have any advice or knowledge on this issue.  Thanks for any information.

Does the camera offer any audible alerts when getting close to hitting something based upon the grid the 8000 NEX puts on the screen?

if your vehicle is equiped with parking sensors than "YES" if doesnt you will need to add the parking sensors. They sell complete units for about $20 on ebay and it comes with the module and 4 sensors to go along the rear bumper

if your vehicle is equiped with parking sensors than "YES" if doesnt you will need to add the parking sensors. They sell complete units for about $20 on ebay and it comes with the module and 4 sensors to go along the rear bumper

Thank you for the answer.

Would you mind linking to one you recommend?

Thank you

Thank you for the answer.

Would you mind linking to one you recommend?

Thank you

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/350795487575?lpid=82  not sure how it works. But I think its pretty similar to the ones from the factory in my truck. I have a Aspen Hemi Limited and it has the 4 sensors and 1 light bar for that lights up yellow and when you get to close it turns red and you hear a audible beep

Glad i read this thread. I was having the same problem, I hooked up reverse wire to camera harness wire coming from rear tail light and voila everything worked as it should. I had camera set on, and had same problem, with the 5 second switch to blank screen and tapping to get back to receiver mode. Very annoying, Now when i put in reverse whoop, there it is. Thanks guys

• 4 months later...

Ive been trying to get my cam to work as well. Ive read the manual and have everything hooked up as I believe I should and I get the same thing you were getting, except once I figured the part out about turning the camera on function off so the black screen went away, in my case, I get no camera in reverse. I bought a camera and tapped the + and gnd into the backup lights + and gnd. I then ran the video cable up to the h/u and plugged it into the brown connector. Whether I connect the reverse wire to a gnd and set the h/u for Ground, or if I attach it to a 12V wire and set it to Battery +, I get no camera in reverse, only with Camera On setting turned on. I guess Im not certain how I would make that connection? If I have a red and black wire for the camera, maybe I just connect the red to a constant +12 and run a wire back for the reverse wire and that then taps into the reverse light + wire? Only thing I can think of. Any assistance would be a help, thanx.