• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You guys with that error screen. It has to be sent back to Pioneer to be fixed. Hopefully your under warranty.

BigCiX is correct, the unit will have to be sent back to pioneer for service..if under warrenty its covered if not under warrenty its like 100 dollars plus shipping to fix

This is a total racket:

1) send out a software "update" that bricks the device.

2) send device to Pioneer, only to find you're likely out of warranty (I was out of warranty by 2 weeks), many units are falling out of the warranty unit now.

3) Pay $200 to have Pioneer fix.

If it was a random occurrence I could understand it and would be fine paying for the repair but you see instance after instance of people with the exact same issue. Pioneer should at least put a hold on the update until they resolve the issue but, I'm sure they are much happier making $200 off people who are out of warranty.

I searched and searched the internet and was unable to find an image of the original SD card.

Is there one out there?

I believe what he's suggesting is you disassemble the unit, remove the internal sd card( not the card you insert from behind the face) either reflash a stock image on that sd card or buy a replacement...reflash/write the stock image and reinsert and reassemble.

I believe what he's suggesting is you disassemble the unit, remove the internal sd card( not the card you insert from behind the face) either reflash a stock image on that sd card or buy a replacement...reflash/write the stock image and reinsert and reassemble.

Thanks Onebyside I've been reading the long thread in the Development section the last few days where I've learned that the firmware is indeed stored on a SD card inside the unit.

I assume when people receive the "software error" message that the firmware on the internal SD card is corrupt (as may happen in the event of a failed firmware update).

What I and other have been stumped on is where one obtains a copy of the original stock image firmware file(s). I searched the web and could not find  anything.

Thank you for the replies so far this could really help other out in the future as these units fall out of warranty.

backup  do other users. we have long been asking to make backup. but nobody helps. we have only made the backup themselves

i have backup da120/x8600bt/4000nex

yesterday helped restore x8600bt (4000nex)

I can help you. but you have to disassemble the unit and remove the SD card. if you are willing. I'll help you. we have experience in the recovery of 20+ devices

backup  do other users. we have long been asking to make backup. but nobody helps. we have only made the backup themselves

i have backup da120/x8600bt/4000nex

yesterday helped restore x8600bt (4000nex)

I can help you. but you have to disassemble the unit and remove the SD card. if you are willing. I'll help you. we have experience in the recovery of 20+ devices

Thank you asd255 I am more than happy to help. My unit was confirmed repaired today and I paid the bill so, it should be back next week. I have a fairly busy week next week but, I will disassemble my unit and remove the SD card before I reinstall the head unit.

I am very comfortable disassembling the unit. I have pretty extensive electronics experience. I was a UNIX system admin years ago (many years ago) so I understand the basics there too. I read through the entire developer thread in the development forum and could follow some of it but admittingly much of it was over my head.

I would imagine the procedure for simply backing up the firmware and installing it on a new SD card is pretty simple. If you can send me the instructions to do this I will make a backup of my NEX8000 SD card and send you the file.

I'll also make a video of disassembly/reassembly of the unit to access the SD card so others can fix their units themselves.

Brian