AVIC411.com

software error screen

Guys

i have an sph-da120 which spent a week in a reboot cycle, and has now started to show the Software Error screen above.

I tried to take  it back to the shop I purchased from for help today - and they said they couldn't help, it needed to go back to pioneer.

It's out of warranty, but happy to have a go at refreshing the internal SD card if anyone is willing to help me source a EU firmware backup.

Thanks for your help

Tim

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a 4000nex that has this software error, internal SD is corrupt.  I've disassembled and removed the internal SD card and got a new one, but I can't find a backup image.  Can I simply copy the firmware off the pioneer site to it (I assume no) to get it working or is there a way to find someone with a backup image I can use to dd restore the new SD card. 

Thanks,

Scott.

Smactop (Scott) I just joined to report I am in the exact same boat. I have the SD card removed and ready for next step.  If anyone at all can guide or help us both.. I would be forever grateful.

I called twice this week to the support number and both times (different times of day and NOT at lunchtime) was given a recording that they are closed for lunch... Was told by a dealer it will cost ya over 200.00 to get fixed plus shipping ...and to check online for a kind soul that maybe able to help you reprogram the SD card.

2 years old, and a paperweight due to an sd card that we could fix in seconds at home?  Nice work Pioneer... 

4000NEX user as well.

gtrman33-

So I got my 4000 working again, downloaded a restore image for a 6100 and did a restore onto a 8GB standard SD card.  Booted right up as if new, it even had my phone in bluetooth memory and connected!  Firmware reports 1.05.  So far haven't tried all the options, but HD RADIO and BT are working.  I tried a quick firmware update but that has always been a challenge with these devices and it says my firmware upgrade USB stick is not set up properly.

I can't remember where I got the image, but it was off the site here.  Filename AVICimg6100.zip if you want to look around.  I believe it was a post that said something like "Lets post our backup images" or something like that.  Look in the development mod post.  Hopefully you're good with dd, if not I can help with that.

If you can't find it I'll look at sending what I have to you direct but first I want to test it more to make sure it's working good.

Will report back later today.

Scott.

Honestly, I'm pretty surprised it worked.  Haven't had any luck re-flashing a update to 4000, but that may be due to differences in the 6100.

Still no phone audio, also, but having a working radio again is nice.  May flash a test card with the image and poke around in Linux if I can get time.

Hi bros !!

I`m new here...

I have a Pioneer AppRadio 4 (SPH-DA120) with SCREEN ERROR...

I was reading in the post that it is a problem in the SDHC card !!

I would like to know if someone can help me solve my problem !!!

PLEASE HELP ME...

Brandon.

I would like to know if someone can help me solve my problem
  • 3 weeks later...

backup  do other users. we have long been asking to make backup. but nobody helps. we have only made the backup themselves

i have backup da120/x8600bt/4000nex

yesterday helped restore x8600bt (4000nex)

I can help you. but you have to disassemble the unit and remove the SD card. if you are willing. I'll help you. we have experience in the recovery of 20+ devices

I have this problem (software error) on my 4000nex. I know how to get the internal SD card out - I've already done it. If you have a backup image that's suitable I'd love any assistance you can send my way.

The internal card is a cheap-ass Transend 4GB, btw. What kind of idiot engineers at Pioneer chose SD memory as a long term storage solution? Most raspberry pi users know if you hammer the SD card (by swapping on it, for example) it'll fail pretty quick, sometimes within days.

Thanks if you can help, asd255. Or anyone else out there.

C

i tried to update my appradio4 sph-da120 to firmware 1.11 and it failed then went to software error screen. I need a backup image for sph-da120 also. Any help is much appreciated!  I tried flashing the avicimg6100.img file to a new card and now get updating 0% version 0.00 -> 0.00.  then says update failed. please press "home" to continue.  well i have no home button because its a full touch screen.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys

i have an sph-da120 which spent a week in a reboot cycle, and has now started to show the Software Error screen above.

I tried to take  it back to the shop I purchased from for help today - and they said they couldn't help, it needed to go back to pioneer.

It's out of warranty, but happy to have a go at refreshing the internal SD card if anyone is willing to help me source a EU firmware backup.

Thanks for your help

Tim

I have a corrupt SD card that holds the OS etc and I am also looking for a backup copy so I can put it on my replacement card. Does anyone have this backup?

i tried to update my appradio4 sph-da120 to firmware 1.11 and it failed then went to software error screen. I need a backup image for sph-da120 also. Any help is much appreciated!  I tried flashing the avicimg6100.img file to a new card and now get updating 0% version 0.00 -> 0.00.  then says update failed. please press "home" to continue.  well i have no home button because its a full touch screen.

I also need this. I've looked all over, called Support and no luck. If you find it will you update this post? I'll do the same.