AVIC411.com

software error screen

I HAVE FOUND THE TRUE 4000NEX IMAGE FILE. I'm going to provide it below in a link and a step by step on how to get this piece of crap radio system back in order.

Install Win32DiskImager (https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/) I had difficulty with this version, it kept crashing, so I installed version 0.9.5 and ran it in administrator and it worked like a charm.

Write this image file onto your 4-8gb SDHC SD card using that program. 

AVH-4000NEX Image File: https://avichacking.slack.com/files/UE0G0SC84/FEE5UPR46/4000nex.rar

If that one doesn't work for some reason, here is another link with a few other image files. The one for the 4000NEX is "Pioneer avic F_60 v1.15"

https://mega.nz/#F!D6giQCCI!Xd7Q2O34b8eccByv4KlG5g!6vww0YxR

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok so ive chewed through about 7 SD cards now, im at wits end here. I have the files videoLAN which goes down 2 more directories on the 2nd one there is no imaging file or .zip there are several others i have tried to read/write the VLC icon to an SD card. i know im messing up somewhere/everywhere but theres no instructions on how to do this and what file needs to be read/write

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:50 PM, bonee said:

Do you still have this by any chance? it says no longer available. My screen is stuck on software error and I have no idea what to do, I have a new sd card and have downloaded the win32 imager, but no sure what I'm supposed to be putting on my card for it to work. I would GREATLY appreciate it!

• 2 months later...

I was able to get my SPH DA120 working after it was bricked with the help from this forum... thank you all.

But if you are not able to get it fixed here is a company that Pioneer Support gave me. They do have a replacement card for $72.40. I would trust this more then the eBay sellers. It also looks like they have a great supply of repair parts too.

PacParts, Inc. 
1860 W. Carson St. Suite 102 
Torrance, CA 90501 
Phone: 800-421-5080 
Fax: 800-782-5747 

Web: www.pacparts.com 

Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 8:00AM - 5:00PM PST. 
Will-Call 9:00AM - 5:00PM PST. 
Saturday 10:00AM - 3:00PM PST. 

Thanks,

Tom

• 1 month later...
On 15/02/2019 at 12:41 PM, bonee said:

what version US or EU???

Hey bonee, just stumbled upon this thread after having issues with my head unit. Wondering if by chance if you still have a copy of the EU version img? and if you'd be happy to share it with me. It'd be a huge help. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2019 at 10:20 AM, JoeW said:

Hey bonee, just stumbled upon this thread after having issues with my head unit. Wondering if by chance if you still have a copy of the EU version img? and if you'd be happy to share it with me. It'd be a huge help. Thanks.

Were you able to snag some files?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I am new on this forum, just got an SPH-DA120 unit from friend in UK to install on my car but actually I am facing some issues with.

First is, I noticed the firmware version is 1.06, so it is really an old one. Have tried to update it to latest version ( 1.19 ), have followed all steps and actually I am getting an successfully message saying unit has been updated from 1.06 to 1.19. However, after it reboots, if I click at the "Firmware Information" option, I still see 1.06 rather than 1.19. I have done same process over and over and unit refuses to show new version. Also tried to update it using the 1.07 version but still happens the same...  Already made an Factory reset but nothing solves this issue. So no matter what I do, it refuse to show new version. Any solutions.... ???

Another issue I am facing is, sometimes after radio powers on, I got the "Software Error" message, so usually after turning off and on the key again it solves the problem. But from what I read here, it might be an near dead SD card, so better to replace it to a new one ?

Any help would be much appreciated !

Cheers,

Ed