AVIC411.com

• 2 months later...

I own one of these units and attempted this update using the f900 bt firmware, without success.

Te update process itself was successful but when the dust settled, the unit was totally inoperable, save and except for the reverse camera function.

To make matters worse, I did not make a backup so i am now unable to even restore to original firmware.

If you have not yet gone through with the update, could you please make a backup of ur firmware, which you will need if you are still planning to do the udate, and when you do would you be kind enough to upload a copy of your copy so that I can return my unit to full functionality?

I would be very grateful.

You can email me at talc962@gmail .com.

Thank you

• 2 years later...

Well, that was eons ago.

Pleased to say I eventually got the unit working with the Hybrid conversation, then switched to the multi-language from the Italian forum. Unit worked like a charm until earlier this year when i decided to upgrade Garmin. Has been bricked ever since. Im unable to even get the backup image of the conversation to work. I strongly suspect a countermeasure from garmin/pioneer.

Planning to replace this bricked article with something else soon.