AVIC411.com

Reseting the password-AVIC 5000 nex

Problem the installation of Pioneer AVIC 5000 nex was done about a month ago. They did not install the navigation system right so I took it back. When they (stereo shop) unhooked the deck it reset it and is asking for a password. No one including myself know the password. I conatact Pioneer and they want me to send it back for 2 weeks and $80. I think that is crap. Is there any way to reset the password?

Its on the password screen and won't let me do anything. Both auto body shop and stereo shop are denying thry put a password in. I have the box so I believe it is a new stereo. My insurance State Farms covered the installation. My vehicle was vandalized and burglarized. I was lookig at some of the other topics and seen them downloading a file or something. Wasnt sure if there was a file override for this model.

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem with my 5000nex! I did the install but I think I must have hit a wrong letter while entering my password because the password isn't working.. I have tried the tesmode SD card hack but it dosnt work. Nothing happens when i put the SD card in the deck. I really hope someone can make a new hack for the NEX series :( 

• 6 years later...
On 6/6/2014 at 5:57 PM, issmman99 said:

Problem the installation of Pioneer AVIC 5000 nex was done about a month ago. They did not install the navigation system right so I took it back. When they (stereo shop) unhooked the deck it reset it and is asking for a password. No one including myself know the password. I conatact Pioneer and they want me to send it back for 2 weeks and $80. I think that is crap. Is there any way to reset the password?

I own that exact model and had the same issue. I searched everywhere and tried a few things and just didn’t work. I finally found this and sure enough it worked perfectly!

When it asks for password enter the following (All letters must be CAPITALIZED)

4A9B30DD-8DD9-4179-9BB8-15645895EB0A.jpeg