AVIC411.com

Navigation Mute Button

Hi, in the manual it says that if you menu button on the map screen that on the bottom the second icon is the Mute button.  For the life of me I've been trying to figure out how to get that to show up but on my unit it just isn't there.  Does anyone else have that icon on their map screen and if yes did you have to do something to make it show up?  It would just be nice to turn off the navigation prompts when they aren't needed and then toggle them back on when they are.

Thanks!

post-116679-0-16069200-1402206430_thumb.png

I don't have a mute button but i have a pause button.  That's kind of a pain because it actually pauses navigation - I want it to still show what's coming up I just don't want to have it take over the sound until I really need it.  

Honestly I wouldn't probably have thought much of it had I not read the manual and it said it had a mute option.

post-116679-0-27033900-1402251293_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Yea, I'm pretty happy with it too. But the more I use the navigation the more quirks I find.

Me too,

One thing that bugs the shit out of me is that, say I'm in a parking lot, I start using nav, sometimes I don't know if I have to make a left or right cause the nav doesn't flip and put the road horizontal on my screen like my z2 did. So I'll have to guess which way to,turn

• 11 months later...