AVIC411.com

How long is the usb cable included with the NEX units?

I was just wondering how long the USB cable that is provided with the NEX units?  Are they more than long enough to reach the glove or center arm rest of most cars?

Also thinking about grabbing a 2nd USB extension cable from monoprice. USB 2.0 the one I should go with?  Thanks

Yeah the included one is IMHO a bit short.

The "usual" you find is a 2m cable.  The included one is about a half-meter short of that.  I used one of the cables I had laying around to run to the center console, although I left it unattached as I can't yet buy an attachment for installation that I really like in terms of build quality.

For the SSD under the dash I bought a 1m USB3 micro cable, which is what the SSD enclosure wanted -- that keeps things neater.

I have used monoprice cables for everything. USB, cat6, HDMI, and everything in between without fail. All these cables come from china anyway it's just that radio shack marks them up about 1000%. You pay shipping so it's worth getting a few things at once to save.