AVIC411.com

AvicSync delayed?

Got a response from Pioneer.

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.

The update has not been postponed. While they will not provide us an exact

ETA, they hope to have it released in July.

Registered owners should receive an e-mail notification when the update is

released.

Rocky

Customer Service Representative

or not even MENTION any products until all software that is necessary for all boasted features is preinstalled???  Oh wait....that's what Alpine is doing.....how's THAT working out for them?  So long as CarPlay is to be the same experience regardless of the radio manufacturer (it's all dependent on what model iPhone you have), it's merely a matter of whoever can put it out first!

or not even MENTION any products until all software that is necessary for all boasted features is preinstalled??? Oh wait....that's what Alpine is doing.....how's THAT working out for them? So long as CarPlay is to be the same experience regardless of the radio manufacturer (it's all dependent on what model iPhone you have), it's merely a matter of whoever can put it out first!

Exactly!

Personally, I think the delay is due to quality control measures. This is the first time (that I can think of) that the "new Apple" has allowed their software on 3rd party hardware. There is no way Apple are going to green light anything carrying an Apple logo that's slow, buggy or simply not up to usual Apple standards.

Things that happened with Apple after Steve Jobs took an eternal leave of absense.....

-iPad Mini

-Apple logo/software appearing on 3rd party hardware

-talks of a giant 5.5" iPhone (this fall)

-significantly more layers of iOS open to developers (homekit and healthkit)

Seriously folks, Jobs would've never allowed any of the above.  I'm sure he's rolling in his grave, but as a fanboy, I'm glad they're going this route.

Car Play was announced at the 2013 WWDC (I was there), and the API's have been available to developers since iOS 7 was anounced at that some conference. As an Apple developer, I believe you will see Car Play enabled by Pioneer along side a new 7.xx release of iOS 7. App compatability and performance are going to be the main factors. Rumor has it that 7.1.2 will be released soon, and I would bet this when Pioneer releases their update.

With Pioneer saying that Car Play is done, and they are waiting on Apple is most likely true. But that is just one manufacture. The OEM's, and the other aftermarket providers all need to have their particular implementations approved by Apple and working well with iOS 7 and iOS 8. My gues is they won't release it until all of the partners have their particular implementations ready. Othewise Apple might be forced to release more incremental updates to accont for minor differances between systems.

Car Play was announced at the 2013 WWDC (I was there), and the API's have been available to developers since iOS 7 was anounced at that some conference. As an Apple developer, I believe you will see Car Play enabled by Pioneer along side a new 7.xx release of iOS 7. App compatability and performance are going to be the main factors. Rumor has it that 7.1.2 will be released soon, and I would bet this when Pioneer releases their update.

With Pioneer saying that Car Play is done, and they are waiting on Apple is most likely true. But that is just one manufacture. The OEM's, and the other aftermarket providers all need to have their particular implementations approved by Apple and working well with iOS 7 and iOS 8. My gues is they won't release it until all of the partners have their particular implementations ready. Othewise Apple might be forced to release more incremental updates to accont for minor differances between systems.

great insight. its nice to have devs on this forum to another level of understanding and reasoning. 

I totally agree when there is more then one partner involved development slows down. but heres is were i and others get pissed at Pioneer. Carplay compat was announced far after the NEX decks were introduced a week or two before CES and i think units were even shipping before that before Carplay announcement. i think this thread is more about Avicsync then Carplay. Pioneer didn't have to include Carplay and i actually don't think it should of been included in this update because it seems more like a rush job and a way to buy more time. people are upset because there are listed features they couldn't use out of the box. those features may have been some peoples deciding factors to purchase NEX units. no disclaimer or public announcement to date saying you can't use X, Y, or Z or when you can use those things. Pioneer goes on like they did no wrong. i think that is a sign of disorganization within a company and a company as big as Pioneer shouldn't have these kind of issues. 

I am pretty sure Pioneer can't do this in the UK because their strict truth in advertising laws. 

great insight. its nice to have devs on this forum to another level of understanding and reasoning. 

I totally agree when there is more then one partner involved development slows down. but heres is were i and others get pissed at Pioneer. Carplay compat was announced far after the NEX decks were introduced a week or two before CES and i think units were even shipping before that before Carplay announcement. i think this thread is more about Avicsync then Carplay. Pioneer didn't have to include Carplay and i actually don't think it should of been included in this update because it seems more like a rush job and a way to buy more time. people are upset because there are listed features they couldn't use out of the box. those features may have been some peoples deciding factors to purchase NEX units. no disclaimer or public announcement to date saying you can't use X, Y, or Z or when you can use those things. Pioneer goes on like they did no wrong. i think that is a sign of disorganization within a company and a company as big as Pioneer shouldn't have these kind of issues. 

I am pretty sure Pioneer can't do this in the UK because their strict truth in advertising laws.

On top of that they actually have pulled nearly all mention of these features which leads people to worry they have been scrapped.