AVIC411.com

Canceling a route on an 8000NEX

Has anyone had the problem where they are unable to cancel a route? When I try to cancel the route, the option does come on the screen to allow me to cancel it, it is not greyed out, but the button on the screen does nothing when I press it. I called Pioneer and they said it was a hardware problem and to send it in as a warranty claim. It just seems weird that when every other button and do-dad works on the touch screen works, why is this particular "software" button a "hardware" issue?

I have had this issue on my 8000 as well, cancel button shows, but touching it does nothing until I back out of NAV, go to some other screens, say AppRadio or Audio menu... then back to NAV at that point I can cancel.

I find its location to be poor to begin with, but then for it to only work when it feels like it is really annoying.

• 1 month later...

The "cancel route" button works fine for me.  I am able to cancel routes without any problem, however, as previously mentioned, it's in the dumbest and most inconvient location ever.  I've been using my 8000 for awhile now.  I think I own #247.  I would send it in.  It is likely a hardware issue.

Hope that helps !

i have had this problem too sometimes touching the botton does nothing and sometimes it will go back to the map screen and the highlighted roads will be gone but it will still say the directions. but it doesnt really matter now because i lost the nav function all together and had to send it in to be repaired

I have also had this issue. I am used to my Garmin so after a few tries reverted to my Garmin for NAV, my APPRADIO3 210 first line Pioneer service experience was pretty poor, I got my 8000 by going over their heads but a smooth process I'd not call it although I am happy to have the 8000 now.

• 2 weeks later...