AVIC411.com

Wifey is Jeally, so I guess we're getting another...

For those that haven't read my previous posts, I am a very happy owner of an 8000NEX in my Audi TT.

Well, my wife borrowed my car for a Saturday afternoon with her friends, and became insanely jealous!  Now she wants a NEX in her 2010 Hyundai Tucson.  Back in 2011 or 2012 (can't remember), we had put in an AVIC-Z130BT (it was the last model that featured voice commands).

Since this is a Hyundai and not a BMW or a Benz, and we've already spent good $$$ putting in a radio before, we decided NOT to go all-out for the 8000, but to just put in a 7000 instead.

The only differences are the plastic screen (vs. 8000's glass) and the standard voice navigation (8000 is supposed to have a more natural sounding voice).

Is the 7000 everybit as fast as the 8000?  Are the menu's as snappy and whatnot? 

We're also going to be using a maestro SW kit.  (I'm kinda jealous on that one....Audi isn't supported for maestro kits :( )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6lmfrj5xm6gvwd/Photo%20May%2027%2C%204%2040%2056%20PM.jpg

i have that exact setup in my Subaru Outback. it is very nice. i first thought i would get the 8000 but i wanted to save a few bucks and thought the 110bt display in our Forester wasn't bad. There could be improvements but i was happy with it. 

All that being said i think the 8000 is a little faster to respond because of the screen. Although women really don't notice those kind of details (At least the women i know). does it look pretty and does it work. that is all they care about. 

off subject: one of my girlfriends good friends was in town visiting. her comment about the 110bt was " how does it work without any buttons or knobs". 

Lol!

To me, the only NEX models that exist are the 4000, 7000 and 8000. The 5000 and 6000 are a significant degradation to the look/consistency of the interior!

This exactly! Just a shame there isn't a 4500 with the glass multitouch. I don't want navigation.