AVIC411.com

Remote that works with 8000?

The capacitive screen I give you. However all that avic sync stuff doesn't exist until pioneer finally releases it which based on how much the feature is not mentioned on the website is never, and I get a better working version of it through waze anyways with better maps.

If the Nav stops working it'll be going back to Pioneer under warranty. Why do I need a remote, I can reach the screen quite easily, isn't that the point of a touchscreen, to get rid of buttons? Removable face is the only thing that made me consider it, but after seeing them side by side the quality of the screen on 8000 won it for me.

The screen may be the same resolution but the clarity of the capacititive screen stood out in brightness and colour depth to me, also the actual "feel" of the screen when swiping (being glass) felt smoother.

As for the remote thing, maybe I just don't get it, I can't see how it can be safe to be fumbling around with a remote when driving. I have steering wheel controls for track / station change and volume / mute. Everything else is touchscreen.

As for the remote thing, maybe I just don't get it, I can't see how it can be safe to be fumbling around with a remote when driving.

Pioneer's CD-SR100 and CD-SR11 attach to the steering wheel... but neither overview states compatibility with the 8000.  Handy for vehicles with no OEM controls.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Accessories/Remote-Controls

Pac makes an external ir sensor that connects to the steering wheel control input, I have it on my Z130 and it works fine with the Pioneer remote control, I imagine it would also work with these radio's

sweet!  thanks for this.  Will probably order one and see if it does the trick.