AVIC411.com

GPS issue, "Positioning not Possible"

Hi!

Maybe it's too late to report the problem FIX, but maybe other will face this issue.

The problem is the small "sensor" board (GPS and GYRO) that is connected through a 30 pin connector. Somehow the connector makes contact problem on some pins.

The solution is simple but the unit must be opened and the sensor board must be removed, it is not easy because it is soldered with the shield to the main board.

To confirm that this is the issue you can see in the settings menu in system information the connection status GPS and GYRO don't show anything.

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After having my AVIC for 4 years I noticed that I started to get this error.  It’s not that big of a deal since I have always used my phone for navigation.    My main issue was that I could not set my clock and date since it pulls it from the GPS signal with no way to manually set it.  I opened up the top of the radio to try to reseat the sensor described above but after removing the top decided it is not worth the hassle to just change the time. 

I finally figured a way around it by entering the developer menu (instructions in the developer mod thread) using a startup disk in USB1. I assume you can also use the “secret code” of (3)(1)(3)(2) that is listed in the mod thread as well.

i just changed the “system dummy time and date” option and am back in business. Now when I glance down at my radio it tells me the correct time.

• 3 months later...
On 4/30/2017 at 2:47 PM, radux.m.dan said:

Hi!

Maybe it's too late to report the problem FIX, but maybe other will face this issue.

The problem is the small "sensor" board (GPS and GYRO) that is connected through a 30 pin connector. Somehow the connector makes contact problem on some pins.

The solution is simple but the unit must be opened and the sensor board must be removed, it is not easy because it is soldered with the shield to the main board.

To confirm that this is the issue you can see in the settings menu in system information the connection status GPS and GYRO don't show anything.

Hi, never too late for a fix problem.

How hard is the fix it, do I need to un-weld and welded back? I m buying a unit that has this problem, I m not sure if is worth it to attemt.