AVIC411.com

Steering wheel controls - next/prev for Sirius and Bluetooth Audio

Hello,

Yesterday I installed a NEX-5000 in a Subaru WRX and used the Metra SWC module for steering wheel controls. The default configuration for it had the next/previous buttons on the wheel going to next and previous channel on Sirius instead of next/previous preset, which I prefer (same as the stock radio). I remapped the buttons and now those buttons do next and previous preset. However, after doing this, I discovered that my next and previous buttons do absolutely nothing while on Bluetooth audio. I want them to do next and previous track while on BT. Is there any way I can configure the NEX or the SWC to get the best of both worlds? Thanks.

The problem is that the SWC only translates the button presses into one specific command or another, which goes to the pioneer, and it doesn't matter what the source is set to, those same button presses are going to it, so they have to be implemented by that source. What pioneer really needs to do, and I think I've seen this on other units, is allow the unit to specify per source what the button mappings are. Then if I wanted to I could have mute change the preset on one source and pause on another source, if I really wanted to. And it shouldn't be that difficult to implement. For those of is with only 5-6 controls on our steering wheels, this would be immensely useful.