AVIC411.com

Appradio live is a new app available for download on iTunes Store, android guys can you check and see if it's available to you and let us know.

Appradio live does not give connected services ability. Maybe it will maybe it won't in future, only pioneer knows and there is no mention of it on there web site.

It gives you stitcher radio, feedly news, and RDIO as sources

It works pretty smooth after you create and link accounts.

It gives you one screen, looks tiled with weather in one tile, source in another, news in another, and notifications in another.

IPhone users must use digital av adapter in order for it to work, and in smartphone settings choose the digital av adapter.

post-15643-0-11126500-1403559318_thumb.jpg

post-15643-0-83162500-1403559330_thumb.jpg

post-15643-0-75189100-1403559343_thumb.jpg

post-15643-0-11563000-1403559357_thumb.jpg

post-15643-0-15901600-1403559369_thumb.jpg

post-15643-0-22417100-1403559659_thumb.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks nice. I didn't realize I needed HDMI for this and didn't have it installed. Will avicsync also require HDMI? It's odd that Carplay can get through with just the lightning adapter but the Pioneer apps need HDMI.

Pioneer doesn't have the same low level access to the system as apple does and for the carplay system to be working i would hazard to guess that there is some work being done by the headunit as well. This is why carplay requires a pioneer upgrade and why only the NEX units can handle it, while in contrast the iPhone currently can do its part with the already launched 7.1 software.

This is a theory of course. Until someone with experience with coding gets their hand on a radio with carplay software we won't know how exactly it works.

Not saying you're wrong, but I wonder how much work the head unit would actually have to do with Carplay since we know apps are going to be added and Carplay will most likely advance with new versions of iOS. You would think car manufacturers would want the head units in their vehicles working with Carplay with each upgrade for the foreseeable future. 

If Carplay does advance I would think appradio would become redundant. Add a weather app to Carplay and it's almost on par. 

I love this layout. Pretty exciting. But I hate the NAV portion.

I like that the nav app can send any directions to the other apps. Wake for example. I just wish that it could go from Waze directly back to the app. No Appradio app. Straight to live!

Honestly this app should replace the Appradio app period and just have other apps in some folder.

So if this requires HDMI as was mentioned before, does that mean it won't work on the 5000? I'm trying to decide between the 5000 and the 6000. I kind of figure I'll be just fine with the 5000, especially once Carplay is released. Is there anything I'm really going to miss out on by going with the 5000 vs the 6000 once we get the firmware update with Carplay? Sorry for the slight thread jack.

I peeped it I like the music integration a bit more but I am not truly impressed with it. I could not seem to find navigation other then to get home when I tried to get directions it opened Waze.  If it launched the app on its own it would be a step in the right direction but it seems like it still wants to open the appraido app and then the "live app".