AVIC411.com

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So if this requires HDMI as was mentioned before, does that mean it won't work on the 5000? I'm trying to decide between the 5000 and the 6000. I kind of figure I'll be just fine with the 5000, especially once Carplay is released. Is there anything I'm really going to miss out on by going with the 5000 vs the 6000 once we get the firmware update with Carplay? Sorry for the slight thread jack.

The 5000 can still handle Appradio mode if you buy the pioneer adaptor that gives it a vga port. Honestly if you want to save money go for the 4000. It's the best bang for buck imo.

The 5000 can still handle Appradio mode if you buy the pioneer adaptor that gives it a vga port. Honestly if you want to save money go for the 4000. It's the best bang for buck imo.

The 5000 and 6000 do not exist to me....4000, 7000 or 8000. The 4000 can get navigation with the U260 add on, but it will be more expensive than just getting a 7000 from the start.

Bare in mind that some places get no cell service, which would be your navigation-demise, for the 4000. Amazon sells the 7000 for $830, which is only $130 more than the MSRP of the 4000.

http://www.amazon.com/AVIC-7000NEX-Double-DIN-Navigation-Receiver-Touchscreen/dp/B00J6W8O6K/ref=sr_1_1?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1403703799&sr=8-1&keywords=7000nex

If you're to install something into your dash, you'd like for it to be reliable by providing redundancy of navigation technologies. To be able to coordinate directions via smartphone and satellite is what you really want.

The 5000 and 6000 do not exist to me....4000, 7000 or 8000. The 4000 can get navigation with the U260 add on, but it will be more expensive than just getting a 7000 from the start.

Bare in mind that some places get no cell service, which would be your navigation-demise, for the 4000. Amazon sells the 7000 for $830, which is only $130 more than the MSRP of the 4000.

http://www.amazon.com/AVIC-7000NEX-Double-DIN-Navigation-Receiver-Touchscreen/dp/B00J6W8O6K/ref=sr_1_1?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1403703799&sr=8-1&keywords=7000nex

If you're to install something into your dash, you'd like for it to be reliable by providing redundancy of navigation technologies. To be able to coordinate directions via smartphone and satellite is what you really want.

I just installed nav free into my phone. Full offline maps with many of the features of the other navs. I usually use waze but I use nav free when I have no internet.

I just installed nav free into my phone. Full offline maps with many of the features of the other navs. I usually use waze but I use nav free when I have no internet.

Which does nothing for you, if you lose/break your phone.

Since I can't use this now and only watch the videos, does this appear to be Pioneer's version of Carplay. Are the maps used from the phone or do they interact with the built in NAV? Also the iPod interface seems very similar to the Carplay implementation. 

If that's the case, I really don't see why this app wouldn't work with through lightning to USB on on iPhone after the Carplay firmware updates. 

Which does nothing for you, if you lose/break your phone.

I'm not going to plan my life on the worst case scenarios. My car could get stolen, then what do I do?

My phone is always on me. Your example of losing service is something that has happened, which is why I have nav free. Could my phone get stolen? Sure. Has that happened in the 7 years I've been using smart phones? No.

I peeped it I like the music integration a bit more but I am not truly impressed with it. I could not seem to find navigation other then to get home when I tried to get directions it opened Waze.  If it launched the app on its own it would be a step in the right direction but it seems like it still wants to open the appraido app and then the "live app".

Definitly needs some adjusting, I like the music and overall flow of the app and will use it for a while.  This now launches for me right away when I start my car (using activator to launch on Bluetooth connect) and it bypasses the stock appradio app (so no warning message on the phone).  At least we know Pioneer hasn't completely forgotten about the AR users 

Hi all. I'm considering a 4000NEX, but I'm a bit confused with out navigation works in conjunction with the new AppRadio Live... I saw this: AppSpotlight- AppRadioLive ...and that makes navigation look pretty seamless; however, I'm curious as to what exactly is being shown in the video. It doesn't look at all like Waze, yet the video implies it's being used for navigation. Also, pioneerappradiolive.com states: "The AppRadioLIVE map feature also allows destinations to be exported directly into any of the user’s favorite AppRadio compatible navigation apps, such as iGo Primo®, MotionX® GPS Drive, Navfree® and Waze® to obtain route and voice guidance." I have no idea what this means, exactly. I can't visualize how "obtain route and voice guidance" works in practice and what the experience is like...

Could someone please, please, please post of video of the "flow" involved in using navigation with the 4000NEX? I would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks!

That looks pretty cool, not available in Irish app store yet  :(

Can it support any other apps like spotify?

I assume it only works with ios7?

Not in the UK store either you can create a US account and download it from the US store, not tested with IOS6 but I'll try with my iPad mini....

I have the ipa file, how do I strip metadata(account info etc...) from the ipa file so I can post it here?