AVIC411.com

Hi all. I'm considering a 4000NEX, but I'm a bit confused with out navigation works in conjunction with the new AppRadio Live... I saw this: AppSpotlight- AppRadioLive ...and that makes navigation look pretty seamless; however, I'm curious as to what exactly is being shown in the video. It doesn't look at all like Waze, yet the video implies it's being used for navigation. Also, pioneerappradiolive.com states: "The AppRadioLIVE map feature also allows destinations to be exported directly into any of the user’s favorite AppRadio compatible navigation apps, such as iGo Primo®, MotionX® GPS Drive, Navfree® and Waze® to obtain route and voice guidance." I have no idea what this means, exactly. I can't visualize how "obtain route and voice guidance" works in practice and what the experience is like...

Could someone please, please, please post of video of the "flow" involved in using navigation with the 4000NEX? I would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks!

Here's my video assessment of Appradio and Appradio live. It shows the nav from Appradio Live (Inrix), and it shows Waze, and it shows the"destinations to be exported directly into any of the user’s favorite AppRadio compatible navigation apps". I'm not a fan.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/39145-video-heres-my-assessment-of-appradio-and-appradio-live-on-my-4000nex/

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just tried it today.....meh, it's aight.  Nothing I can't do with my iPhone in the USB mode, using this radio.

Well that's not the point. Of course everything you can do on Appradio you can do from your phone. It's powered by your phone. The point is it's a bigger display with an interface designed to be less distracting. Now, weather or not it's good at that is a different matter. 

AppRadio live, work well with the background manager: so you can turn off the screen of the iPhone while operating the unit.

background manager ain't working here neither is backgrounder, head unit screen still goes off when I turn iphone display off, on an i5s 7.0.6

I downloaded the new app yesterday and tried it a few times since. That is a very nice step in the right direction!

I have a few questions :

In the iPod section, how do we access podcast??? I still have to rely on the CarMedia player app for this.

In the map section, there is a search function, but can it be used to search for a destination and have the iPhone map app do the talk from it? I could not find anything.

I personally hope that with iOS 8, and the plug-ins feature, that Pioneer will be able to enhance this app to be what we expect from our head unit.

i try this app on a avh-8400bt and iphone 4s jailbroken, it works fine but the difference between the video i can see, that i can't choose other GPS like wase for example!

Why? it's a limitation due to that it's the first generation of Appradio?

ps:sorry for my english

background manager ain't working here neither is backgrounder, head unit screen still goes off when I turn iphone display off, on an i5s 7.0.6

to me it works perfectly.

I have 7.04. Now I try with 7.1.2 and will let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

The 5000 and 6000 do not exist to me....4000, 7000 or 8000. The 4000 can get navigation with the U260 add on, but it will be more expensive than just getting a 7000 from the start.

Bare in mind that some places get no cell service, which would be your navigation-demise, for the 4000. Amazon sells the 7000 for $830, which is only $130 more than the MSRP of the 4000.

http://www.amazon.com/AVIC-7000NEX-Double-DIN-Navigation-Receiver-Touchscreen/dp/B00J6W8O6K/ref=sr_1_1?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1403703799&sr=8-1&keywords=7000nex

If you're to install something into your dash, you'd like for it to be reliable by providing redundancy of navigation technologies. To be able to coordinate directions via smartphone and satellite is what you really want.

I have 4000 with u-260 nav addon. I like this setup, because i have removable faceplate, remote control, i paid 550 for 4000 and 329 for U-260. So i paid more than price of 7000, but got a little more.