AVIC411.com

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone actually using this app? I turned it on the other day again for the first time since release. Good idea just don't have the need, I guess.

I don't like that the iPod functionality doesn't remember what you were listening to on the phone before getting back in the car. Instead it remembers the last thing it heard.

I don't like that the iPod functionality doesn't remember what you were listening to on the phone before getting back in the car. Instead it remembers the last thing it heard.

I must say I like it overall, but it is perfectible!

I searched for ways to communicate feedback to pioneer about the app, but I did not find anything in the app...

I kind of stopped playing with it (as I figured I would). I mainly wanted to try out Stitcher and Rdio. I prefer using Car Media Player for my podcasts over stitcher. Rdio was very nice during the free trial, but after that it's not that good. I might even consider subscribing to Rdio, but not if I have to run App Radio Live to listen to it it probably won't happen. App Radio Live didn't simplify anything for me, but I'm not sure if it was supposed to. 

When CarPlay becomes more established, I'm likely to go in that direction with a new head unit. My 2+ year AppRadio2 experiment is probably coming to a close. 

When CarPlay becomes more established, I'm likely to go in that direction with a new head unit. My 2+ year AppRadio2 experiment is probably coming to a close.

I'm also thinking to let things settle a bit on CarPlay, and maybe upgrade to one of the NEX series eventually. But pioneer said CarPlay would be ready for the summer time, and still nothing except a few beta demos to some journalists. So it may take a while to become more standard or established.

That said, my next HU may have in-car navigation built in too. Not to rely only on the iPhone.

• 4 months later...