AVIC411.com

Too Stoopid Four 8000NEX?

Hey Guys,

Just had an 8000NEX installed into a 2013 F150. Pretty awesome. 

But damn if I can figure out how to get into App Mode? The Apps icon has an X next to and I can't tap on it. I have connected via: Bluetooth, HDMI, AUX, and Lightning Cable for an iPhone 5.

I have installed and launched the Pioneer AppRadio App as well as: AppRadioLIve, CarMediaPlay, Waze, etc etc. But nothing every happens. As someone who has owned every version of iPhone since '07 I'm pretty disappointed in my apparent lack of tech knowledge. 

I can do everything else, such as: Play music via any of the above connections, play video, mirroring, make phone calls etc. App Mode? Zilch, Zero, notta.

Somebody please post the  solution and feel free to start with, "Yo Dumbass, all you gotta do is ..... "

- - - - - - -

Oh, BTW: I did the motion bypass without having to ground the park brake, just used the software instructions I found on this site. Seems to work great after 2 days of repeatedly starting and stopping the truck. 

Go into setting for smartphone, then choose av adapter , sounds like you have USB selected

The. Make sure you have a appradio installed on your phone as well as appradio live and any other app u want to use that is in the compatabliity list

I understand your frustration; I struggled with this yesterday until I figured it out.  tekki is correct:  go into smartphone setup and change it to DV adapter.  The Avic will disconnect ALL connections to your phone, so I just restarted the AVIC after that.  

You will no longer be able to use the USB1 to listen to music on your iPhone.  Also, the first time you start it up, AppRadio Live will take a little time.  I strongly suggest you sit in your driveway for a bit playing with it... going between the different screens, etc. so you get used to it.  It's also not real intuitive to get Waze or MotionX Drive to show on the AVIC.

Good luck to you and I hope you like it!

Thanks for the help guys.

But, I guess something must be hooked up wrong or something. I tried what you said but AV ADAPTER does not show up as an option to select no matter what I try. I've tried all the options. (See attached) 

I'll try and give Pioneer a call tomorrow I guess. Hopefully tech support is not out-sourced to India!

Pics attached show my available connections. I still feel like it's just something I'm doing wrong but I can't imagine what.

post-118561-0-47830600-1404076367_thumb.jpg

post-118561-0-34534500-1404076365_thumb.jpg

post-118561-0-86796300-1404076288_thumb.jpg

post-118561-0-00192700-1404076286_thumb.jpg

From the Operation Manual (page 69):

1 Press the HOME button to display the Top menu screen.

2 Touch the following keys in the following order. (gears), then (wrench/screwdriver)

The “System†screen appears.
3 Touch [input/Output settings]. 

4 Touch [smartphone Setup].
The “Smartphone Setup†screen appears.

Touch the following settings.

Device: Select the device to be connected.

Connection: Select the connection method.

From the Operation Manual (page 69):

1 Press the HOME button to display the Top menu screen.

2 Touch the following keys in the following order. (gears), then (wrench/screwdriver)

The “System†screen appears.

3 Touch [input/Output settings].

4 Touch [smartphone Setup].

The “Smartphone Setup†screen appears.

5 Touch the following settings.

Device: Select the device to be connected.

Connection: Select the connection method.

And when you get to this menu the correct settings are

iPhone/Ipod

Digital av adaptor.

Hope that helps.

Also in order to use APPRADIO your iphone needs to be hooked up to USB1. I see you have usb2 hooked up. if your iphone is hooked to usb2, you are using your phone as a media drive.

Actually this doesn't matter. The USB in this case will only provide power. No data to or from the USB makes it past the digital av adaptor. You could plug it into a cgi lighter and it would work the same.

And when you get to this menu the correct settings are

iPhone/Ipod

Digital av adaptor.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! That didi the trick. Finally got Apps to show up. Thanks for everybody's suggestions. 

Now, I just gotta find an app thats worth using lol. AppRadioLIve seems legit.