AVIC411.com

Pioneer just tweeted about carplay

As a software developer, I can understand the philosophy of "ship it when it's ready". There are some (Google..) who seem to ship beta, but that's generally not a good practice. As far as release dates are concerned, no one is going to give you a specific date that far in advance. Early summer for CarPlay is about as precise as you're going to get until the day or two before launch.

As a consumer and 8000NEX owner, I am as excited as hell to get my hands on CarPlay. I wish it was yesterday. But, you really can't beef all over Pioneer for lack of communication here. What part of Early Summer do you not understand? Let's sit tight and try and be patient. Life's too short, and there are so many other things to worry about other than a firmware release for our new toy.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still early summer, btw.

THANK YOU!!!  THANK YOU!!!  Until August 6th, nobody can really say Pioneer isn't living up to their promises because that's when "early summer" ends.  I've been trying to express this the whole time. 

If it means anything, Pioneer just changed the release information on their website from "early summer" to "summer 2014." Guess all that discussion about whether it's still early summer right now was irrelevant.

Don't go saying that Pioneer failed us again by the beginning of September.....remember now, the Summer Solstice ends on September 22nd. 

Don't go saying that Pioneer failed us again by the beginning of September.....remember now, the Summer Solstice ends on September 22nd. 

Of course, they never said it would be summer on planet Earth either. Could be a long wait.

Early summer has come and gone. Treat your customers with a little respect.

for the record, you did in fact say this, good sir, on the first page of this entire conversation.  I was just pointing out that it's still "early summer" and that there's no arguing side you have at all against pioneer.  You're just a frustrated customer who wants his CarPlay right MEOW, like the rest of us.  They are treating us with respect......until August 6th.....now that they're saying a vague "summer, it could be all the way till late September. 

I'm just pointing out.....you do not have a say, at this moment.  But, I'm sure you're very anxious for when this is being released.  I am too!

Wow my post has gotten energetic! Damn I haven't been here. Took a bit to read through all the posts. 

Some people here (myself especially) are frustrated to the point of rage with how Poineer has handled this, others are tired of the whining and I get it.

Before emotions get any higher, lets just remember everyone, that none of us will care about how long it took for Carplay to arrive 2 days after it gets here. We have  a pretty solid community. Let's burry the hatchet on this little disagreement, agree to disagree, and move on. 

Happy Early 4th to my fellow Americans. 

By the way: here is the text regarding CarPlay for the 8000 from the Pioneer site:

The AVIC-8000NEX will be one of the first aftermarket radios to feature Apple CarPlay (firmware update required, coming summer 2014).

NO more early summer reference. 

Fine with me. I want it right, not quick. And I am sure that Apple is the holdup. They need to have their apps work 100% with CarPlay or the press will eat them up.

By the way: here is the text regarding CarPlay for the 8000 from the Pioneer site:

The AVIC-8000NEX will be one of the first aftermarket radios to feature Apple CarPlay (firmware update required, coming summer 2014).

Fine with me. I want it right, not quick. And I am sure that Apple is the holdup. They need to have their apps work 100% with CarPlay or the press will eat them up.

Lol then they shouldn't have partnered with pioneer. The AppRadio app STILL needs to be force restarted at least once a day 3 years after it launched.

agreed, 110%

While I'm glad to have a target date, this is exactly what I have a problem with. Why does one random customer get this info while everyone else has to sit and wonder? I'm glad to have a better idea of the release, but why do we have to find out about it in such a haphazard way?

WHAAAAAHHH...

I WANT! GIMME!

LOL