AVIC411.com

Avic-7000 overheating

I know it's getting hotter but if my radio is on about an hour it says it's overheating and then shuts down.

When I get home I'll check to make sure the fan is moving but doesn't seem like a good thing.

It has been about 105 here so it's hot...

Duane...

So driving home it died again but I was able to pull it out. The fan works and I moved the cables and such around and put it back together. I have an hour drive here in a bit so I'll crank the tunes and see what happens.

On a positive note it didn't really have a lot of time to cool down and it was on and running, including the fan, while I was moving things around. So REALLY hoping it was a ventilation problem and I have it worked out. Will know later tonight.

It's nice of them to put a thermal sensor in there and shut it down instead of it just burning up.....

With that said with these "modern" fan-enabled units I pay close attention to how things mount to make sure the fan and finned areas (heat sinks) are unobstructed by cables and such when the dash is put back together.  Hope you found the problem.

• 3 weeks later...