AVIC411.com

Just saw a video of the AVH-4000NEX and it's ability to detach the faceplate from its housing. It's an awesome security feature. My question is Pioneer why didn't you guys include this feature for the 8000? Can someone answer this for me? If this has already been posted please forgive me. I've been away from the site for a while because of work.

Its a completely different screen that has to have a lot more connections and would have required a different contact plug, the 4k probably uses one from the AVH line, ie: AVH-8500bt

What do you think? Display from the sph-210 for the 8000? Still doesn't explain why the 7000 isn't detachable.

I don't understand this fascination with detachable faceplates, it's just something else to carry around!

We have talked about this before. It's a several hundred dollar computer you can't take out of your car that can be taken away by a thief and a screwdriver. The detachable plate allows you to draw less attention when you're worried about having the unit somewhere less safe.

Has the car been in a place where I'd worry? No. Am I happy I have the added security? Absolutely.

It's as quick to steal your car which is worth more than your stereo.

If there's some technical reason why Pioneer couldn't make the capacitive screen removable (perhaps being glass it's more susceptible to damage) the I'd much rather have that then a removable plastic screen.

We have talked about this before. It's a several hundred dollar computer you can't take out of your car that can be taken away by a thief and a screwdriver. The detachable plate allows you to draw less attention when you're worried about having the unit somewhere less safe.

Has the car been in a place where I'd worry? No. Am I happy I have the added security? Absolutely.

DP3343 you're absolutely right. I myself would feel a lot more safe with a detachable face for the 8000....

It's as quick to steal your car which is worth more than your stereo.

If there's some technical reason why Pioneer couldn't make the capacitive screen removable (perhaps being glass it's more susceptible to damage) the I'd much rather have that then a removable plastic screen.

Great screen notwithstanding i still wish you were able to detach the screen

Jokes aside. I've had my car broken into several times and had my stereo stolen once. I know the feeling. I'd much rather have my screen with me lugging it around then go into my car and seeing an empty area where my radio used to be

Jokes aside. I've had my car broken into several times and had my stereo stolen once. I know the feeling. I'd much rather have my screen with me lugging it around then go into my car and seeing an empty area where my radio used to be

Doesn't that prove my point that most of the time it's just too much hassle for the random thief? Only once have you had your stereo stolen even though you've had your car broken into several times.

On balance I think you're more likely to damage your screen taking on and off, dropping it, sitting on it or whatever other fate may befall it out of the car then you are at risk of someone stealing it...