AVIC411.com

Really annoyed it hasn't been released yet as it was one of the big reasons I purchased the unit. Big fail on pioneer. I know carplay is on the horizon but carplay has nothing to do with the actual connected services that was to be offered. Grrrrrrr.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I'm waiting for carplay but still disappointed that they advertised features that aren't available for several months. Carplay is a feature and AVICSync brings the nex together with other services

Just remember they've given horribly inaccurate info before so dont set yourself up for disappointment here.

Just what information has been given to us that was horribly inaccurate? It seems to me our definition of early summer ending at the beginning of July is the only thing that strikes me as inaccurate. As far as I know, Pioneer has not broken any delivery promise to me. When I purchased my 8000 I knew full well that CarPlay was not baked in the firmware yet, and an early summer update was needed. I also knew that the AvicSync was not available yet. You can't blame Pioneer for your expectations.

I am referring to promises and statements made over the last 8 or so years I've been on this forum. You would know what I mean if you had been on here longer. Many times people on the phone at Pioneer have stated this and that would be included in an update only to find out it's not there on release so I'm trying to help people not set themselves up for disappointment. And don't be so quick to question people that know the company and have seen how they work for many years.

Just what information has been given to us that was horribly inaccurate? It seems to me our definition of early summer ending at the beginning of July is the only thing that strikes me as inaccurate. As far as I know, Pioneer has not broken any delivery promise to me. When I purchased my 8000 I knew full well that CarPlay was not baked in the firmware yet, and an early summer update was needed. I also knew that the AvicSync was not available yet. You can't blame Pioneer for your expectations.

when did you purchase your deck? when i purchased mine there was no talk of carplay. then all of a sudden it seem like it was their main focus. I'm not attacking you or your comment but it seems like you recently purchased and don't know the company very well.

when did you purchase your deck? when i purchased mine there was no talk of carplay. then all of a sudden it seem like it was their main focus. I'm not attacking you or your comment but it seems like you recently purchased and don't know the company very well.

I have been following technology for many, many years. And yes, I do know Pioneer very well. I regularly attend CES, and I was at CES when Pioneer anounced the NEX line of recievers. As an Apple developer, I have been fortunate to attend their WWDC for the last few years, and I was at the event that announced CarPay in 2013. I am fully aware of the timing of both, and Pioneer did not commit to adding CarPay to the NEX line until their April announcement.

If I read your post correctly, you are actually agreeing with my assessment. That some are having unrealistic expectations about a feature that was announced to be delivered in a time frame that has not yet expired.

I am referring to promises and statements made over the last 8 or so years I've been on this forum. You would know what I mean if you had been on here longer. Many times people on the phone at Pioneer have stated this and that would be included in an update only to find out it's not there on release so I'm trying to help people not set themselves up for disappointment. And don't be so quick to question people that know the company and have seen how they work for many years.

Some yahoo on the phone may or not speak for Pioneer. When they send a press release, or make an announcement, then you can believe it. Playing "who can I catch on the phone to tell me what I want to hear" is not a great way to get news. Calling into a help support line will get you a wide range of answers to any number of questions.

I am giving my option here, just like every one else. My option here is based on the current situation concerning the CarPlay update for the NEX line of car receivers from Pioneer. In this case, they have not over sold, or reneged on any promise they gave. If I am wrong, them please enlighten me.

Pioneer Germany said AvicSync is delayed due to Carplay development. Expected release end of 2014. 

IMHO if Carplay is futher delayed so will AvicSync. And if so we all can just hope the AvicSync app is planned to be used for future models too, otherwise it could well happen - due to development cycles - we will never see it on our phones and NEXs... 

A lot of functionalty is missing until AVICSYNC is released.

At the time I was aware that CarPlay was "coming soon" but on their website it was made out that AVICSYNC was available. It was only after I bought the unit and wanted to get it working did I find out it hadn't even been released.

They are on very thin ice here because if CarPlay gets delayed I may well be asking for a refund for not providing a unit with features as advertised...

Pioneer Germany said AvicSync is delayed due to Carplay development. Expected release end of 2014. 

IMHO if Carplay is futher delayed so will AvicSync. And if so we all can just hope the AvicSync app is planned to be used for future models too, otherwise it could well happen - due to development cycles - we will never see it on our phones and NEXs...

Bare in mind, Europe gets Apple updates later than the US does...with CarPlay being an Apple product, this may not impact the prospect of a summer release for US