AVIC411.com

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been following technology for many, many years. And yes, I do know Pioneer very well. I regularly attend CES, and I was at CES when Pioneer anounced the NEX line of recievers. As an Apple developer, I have been fortunate to attend their WWDC for the last few years, and I was at the event that announced CarPay in 2013. I am fully aware of the timing of both, and Pioneer did not commit to adding CarPay to the NEX line until their April announcement.

If I read your post correctly, you are actually agreeing with my assessment. That some are having unrealistic expectations about a feature that was announced to be delivered in a time frame that has not yet expired.

no we are not on the same page here and i don't agree. If you need to hire more help to stay on schedule that is what you have to do. there is no excuses in the professional work world for something like this. i can understand a small companies and kick starter project giving month based release time frames. Pioneer is none of that and continues to live up to a less then desirable standard. it reminds me of the early 2000's where MS would delay and delay and totally miss the mark when the product was actually released. 

So with all the comments

Some have said they spoke with pioneer and was told it was coming along side of the car play update.

Some say it's delayed because of carplay

Some say it will be released end of year

Some say it's delayed because devopers pulled out

I spoke with pioneer back in April and it was due soon is all I was told

So many different says. Who's to believe what? Lol

We should all call pioneer and flood them with the big question. When and why is this app that completes the functionality of the nex not released yet. Will it be with ca

rplay or is it on the backburner and put on hold for carplay.

Call call call let's go flood em with calls

So with all the comments

Some have said they spoke with pioneer and was told it was coming along side of the car play update.

Some say it's delayed because of carplay

Some say it will be released end of year

Some say it's delayed because devopers pulled out

I spoke with pioneer back in April and it was due soon is all I was told

So many different says. Who's to believe what? Lol

We should all call pioneer and flood them with the big question. When and why is this app that completes the functionality of the nex not released yet. Will it be with ca

rplay or is it on the backburner and put on hold for carplay.

Call call call let's go flood em with calls

Guys, pleas remember when you call Pioneer and ask a question, you are not getting an official response. You are talking to some customer support person who would not have the inside scoop on release dates. 10 of us can call, and we may get 10 different answers. The only information you can hold them to is their official press releases and the web site info. Anything else is colored ballons.

Guys, pleas remember when you call Pioneer and ask a question, you are not getting an official response. You are talking to some customer support person who would not have the inside scoop on release dates. 10 of us can call, and we may get 10 different answers. The only information you can hold them to is their official press releases and the web site info. Anything else is colored ballons.

which makes it worse because. it says the company doesn't communicate with the support staff. 

which makes it worse because. it says the company doesn't communicate with the support staff.

Things are not always cut and dry. If apple hasn't given pioneer a date yet, then pioneer doesn't have a date to give the support staff. If the software just plain is not ready yet but the team still thinks they are on schedule, then once again what more would the support staff know besides "not delayed"? Honestly, guys the support Staff are there to help but they don't sit in on board meetings with the CEO.

Correct, but it's not about the answer, it's about the annoyance lol, amd for shits and giggles we get to see more BS responses. :)

Got it... :). I own a small 15 person company in NC, with a small three person support staff. Hell, I can't get those three to send out a constant message, I hate to think what it would be like herding cats at a large company like Pioneer. Hey, but I am on board with you guys. Let's get this show on the road Pioneer, and deliver the product that was promised.

Got it... :). I own a small 15 person company in NC, with a small three person support staff. Hell, I can't get those three to send out a constant message, I hate to think what it would be like herding cats at a large company like Pioneer. Hey, but I am on board with you guys. Let's get this show on the road Pioneer, and deliver the product that was promised.

your essentially saying your ok with advertising features on product your selling to your customers and not delivering. This was a illegal sales tactic in the US. its called bait and switch, look it up! there is no way you can argue your way out of that. this isn't about carplay this is about making customers whole on their purchases. which Pioneer seems to think it is more important to focus on new features rather then getting people what they paid for in a timely fashion. there is truly no way to argue around this. 

Exactly. Thankfully I paid for mine and the install on CC, I'm prepared to give them more time but if it gets to the point where AVICSYNC is "removed" from the feature list, or other features such as map updates, speed cameras etc don't make a show then I will be discussing my options with the installer who can then talk to their Pioneer rep, and if that fails then I'll be onto the CC company.

your essentially saying your ok with advertising features on product your selling to your customers and not delivering. This was a illegal sales tactic in the US. its called bait and switch, look it up! there is no way you can argue your way out of that. this isn't about carplay this is about making customers whole on their purchases. which Pioneer seems to think it is more important to focus on new features rather then getting people what they paid for in a timely fashion. there is truly no way to argue around this.

We must be talking about two different things. I was referring to folks calling into tech support for info on release dates. I don't know what in the heck you are referring to. Are you even old enoug to drive a car?