AVIC411.com

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been reading through these posts. 

I am a new owner of the AVIC-8000NEX. I do love the unit, but I would be less than truthful if I did not admit that after watching the videos and seeing carplay demos I was really disappointed that I did get the full functionality of the unit as I had paid for it. 

I keep checking for updates on AVICSYNC and CARPLAY, hoping that I will see some new information about a release date. 

I was reading in earlier posts where people spoke about returns on the product. Some of the post were very mean spirited, which I fully understand. When you part with a good chunk of cash for a premium system, you have expectations and when they are not met, yes, it can really make you mad.

However, after following all posts, I have come to the following decision:

I will wait patiently for the update, UNTIL the time that If the carplay and AVICSYNC systems that were promoted for the product are not available, prior to another unit (brand or model) which is released whose functionality truly works to the degree the consumers were led to believe the 8000 would, while I have my 8000, then I will return it. I too have registered a complaint with my credit card company and am confident that I am covered.

I am not mad, furious or ready to pull a rant on Pioneer. I get it. It's a marketing move. If you have ever read the book - The 22 immutable laws of marketing by Reese and Trout, one of the tenants of marketing is 'First in Wins.' It's a solid move for Pioneer. But, the marketing on this product may backfire if it is not made even more clear to the consumer what functionality is still to be released. There is also something to be said about truth in advertising and communication to the consumer. 

I am hopeful all of us will see these systems perform at their full potential soon. 

The reason Pioneer does stuff like this is because it works for them. I have been on this forum sense 2006. And every year I have been on this forum Pioneer has marketed in this manner and every year there are a new group of consumers that fall for it. All of you are the new group of consumers that I am speaking of. And every year people complain in this manner and claim of filing law suits. And every year nothing changes and no one ever gets sued. As I mentioned before, the clause "specifications are subject to change" covers their ass. All that being said guys, you will get AVIC SYNC and Car Play. You just may not get it when you want or when you feel entitled to it. One thing you will never get is a release date. Enough said.