AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 Detailed Review with Photos?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mannyman awsome stuff! The big thing for me is the sound quality using all sources radio, ipod, cd. What is your opinion of the sound quality (soundstage depth separation, bass control (is it tight or bloated), mids, highs are they smooth or bright and tinny. I have an 07 Passat wagon that I will most likely be putting one in because I want a good navigation and also becasue the stock HU is crap. Did you put Bluetooth in? I am not concerend about the one disc slot that many mention as I most likely will transfer everything to my ipod or put in a disc changer. Thanks for any info!

Thanks Mannyman.

Great Photos and Video.

I've placed my order (from CF) for avic-d3, bluetooth kit, sirius xm, a/v cable and ipod cable. Hopefully they'll ship everything by the 6th.

...can't wait. :lol:

I just posted some pics and ipod playback impressions (linked to a video I made) on this thread.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=31582

wow. :shock:

that looks amazing....looks like it came factory installed. the red backlight even matches with your car.

Yea, where did you have it installed? tweeter, best buy?

Post some more videos or photos. Did you also have the bluetooth kit installed?

Got mine installed today. What do you want to know or see pics of?

Keep in mind this is my first Avic so I don't know ho it compares to other models.

410595698_9c65483194.jpg

It has only been in for a few hours but so far I love it. The iPod control is fast and everything sounds great. I still have to get my XM subscription moved over so I can't report on that yet. The navigation seems good although I didn't play with it much. My only complaint so far is that the volume display gets covered up by my hand when I adjust it because it displays on the bottom left corner. I wish it were on a different part of teh screen.

A friend of mine that works at a local independent shop in town installed it for me. He did a great job and it is really solid.

I like the illumination controls alot and I got it to match my car really well. The buttons look good on the white settings too, I may use that during the day. These pictures were taken at dusk.

410196119_ba7325b55c.jpg

410196129_d2d5d42446.jpg

410196144_21453006af.jpg

410762221_f1ee219b2e.jpg

Got mine installed today. What do you want to know or see pics of?

Keep in mind this is my first Avic so I don't know how it compares to other models.

410595698_9c65483194.jpg

willtel....not sure if you saw the background gallery but i posted a bunch of vw ones last week. i am getting a d3 installed in my rabbit next week.

Nice! what dash kit/kits did you use? is that an OEM piece for the navi model? if it is did you also need an aftermaket piece to pair with it to get the D3 mounted?

The outer ring is a Metra kit and the inner ring was an oversize trim ring that was cut to fit by the installer. I took him a while to make it all work, he did say it would have been much quicker if he were in the shop. He installed it in a friends garage.

willtel....not sure if you saw the background gallery but i posted a bunch of vw ones last week. i am getting a d3 installed in my rabbit next week.

Can you change the background on the D3?

yes sir...

page 66 in owners manual

can change splash screen, nav screen, and av background with whatever pic you want.

Thanks for the post. I am looking to install one in a 07, Passat wagon. Wondering how the sound quality is? The HU in the wagon is crap so I want to replace it with a navigation system. In your opinion how do all the sources sound radio, ipod, cd? Is the stage separation good or is it blurred together. Bass is is tight or bloated? Mids and highs are they smooth or tinny. My experience with the stock HU in the passat is that the Mid/Highs are tinny and the bass bloated. Thanks again for you post and any info you might be able to provide.