AVIC411.com

DISREGARD MY POST ON THE BYPASS FOR D3.HERES THE PROPER WAY

On the preout plug... you will have to remove the mute wire and pin it just right below it and ground it. You will also have to ground the green parking brake wire too. Sorry for the confusion but this definately worked. it worked on all for installs today for me. hope this help you out!!! sorry again for the false info!!! time time its true!!!

I said that yesterday :D

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:57 am Post subject: Word on the street...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word on the street is that if you remove the mute wire (its black and yellow) from the RCA harness and move it to the open pin hole directly below it, ground it and the parking brake wire, you have your bypass. I haven't had time to confirm but will this weekend if nobody else has yet

It doesn't matter which wire you remove the cell mute wire was mentioned just ecause of convience and that odds are not too any people are going to ever use that wire.

Does this mean that if I get the BT adapter and pair it w/ my phone that it won't mute the music if I answer through the D3?

It doesn't matter which wire you remove the cell mute wire was mentioned just ecause of convience and that odds are not too any people are going to ever use that wire.

Does this mean that if I get the BT adapter and pair it w/ my phone that it won't mute the music if I answer through the D3?

No, bluetooth is completely wireless. This is just for people that hardwire their phones to their stereos.....which is SOOOO 90s haha.

And oh yeah i got the pin in so i'm good. Now my question is, I am having my installer put this in, but they don't do bypasses, however i'm not worried about the parking brake, but how will i get them to ground the cell wire? So my question is do installers ground that wire if its not being used anyway? or do they just tape it up.

Installers will not ground that wire if its not being used, they just leave it hanging there. There is a rubber cover over it so there is not reason to ground it. Your best bet is to just do it yourself after they install it

No, bluetooth is completely wireless. This is just for people that hardwire their phones to their stereos.....which is SOOOO 90s haha.

And oh yeah i got the pin in so i'm good. Now my question is, I am having my installer put this in, but they don't do bypasses, however i'm not worried about the parking brake, but how will i get them to ground the cell wire? So my question is do installers ground that wire if its not being used anyway? or do they just tape it up.