AVIC411.com

I have the galaxy s5 (VERIZON) and I've been battling with getting this phone to work with AVIC 8000.

-My phone is rooted with TowelRoot.

-I have the MHL adaptor that I purchased from best buy (authentic Samsung).

-I have arunchained installed successfully.

My system settings: ^smartphone setup / iPhone/iPod ..... connection (?) not too sure where it should be. I'm running androids 4.4.2.. Just not too sure what else I could be missing. I have Unchained installed

arunchained0.16.apk

AppRadio has connected ONCE since I have been attempting over the past 3 days and I haven't been able to successfully connect since. When it connected I was still unable to mirror and APPS (on the Hu's home screen) still had a X near the bottom right.

I have taken the MHL ADAPTOR and plugged that with the same hdmi plug into my Samsung LED in the house and it transfered fine so the hdmi wire and the adaptor are both working just fine.

Really appreciate any help and advice you can provide. Thank you

I just got mine installed and working today. First, in smartphone setup I set it to others.   I initially had appradio installed but could not get it to work so I uninstalled it and installed the regular version.  It went into a calibration screen where you have to touch spots on the screen and when finished it was working.  I have yet to try appradio unchained after I got everything working.  Good luck.

Pioneers appradio which was created for their units and appradio unchanged are two different programs.  Appradio unchained is a modified version of Pioneers appradio.  I am sorry I just realized the typo in in my reply where I said I uninstalled appradio I meant appradio unchained.  I hope this helps.  Also, if you do get it going I found a little quirk.  Be sure your unit connects to bluetooth with the phone before plugging it in.  It sometimes does not want to connect so I turn off the bluetooth and back on and pair with the unit.  

This is my problem. I'm thinking that the hdmi in the back of my radio is not working. Perhaps a dead port? I am pretty sure all my settings are good and correct. The hdmi is not selectable in the menu selections as shown in the picture. Not sure if it shows in everyone else's but its not showing on mine. I have pulled the head unit out and checked to see if the hemisphere fell out and it was still connected.

Thanks Dan for clarifying. I uninstalled ARU and I'm trying to work with just getting the apradio to link up as you suggested. As you can tell I'm still a bit unsuccessful.

post-119005-0-21048400-1406837951_thumb.jpg

post-119005-0-24795400-1406837985_thumb.jpg

post-119005-0-23157000-1406838003_thumb.png

post-119005-0-54891400-1406838234_thumb.jpg