AVIC411.com

8000NEX AppRadio Cable

I had recently gotten an AVIC 8000NEX installed at my local Best Buy/Geek Squad. I had everything imaginable for it, including a CD-IH202 cable for AppRadio mode. The installation process took three weeks but that's another story. The cable was never installed and I was told I need the CD-IV202AV (VGA connection) instead of the CD-IH202's HDMI connection. From online sources, it seems that the CD-IH202 would work fine. Want to make sure before going back (or having to lay out another $150 for new cables. Thanks.

Who ever told you that was wrong, the nex 4000, 6000,7000 and 8000 all have hdmi.  what phone are you using with the 8000? If it is iPhone you will need A/V Adapter to hook up the hdmi. If you have android with mini hdmi, then all you need is mini to regular hdmi adapter. I don't think the 8000 has a via connector. If you are using iPhone, you really don't even need the cd-IH202. 

AppRadio works like this, head unit uses bluetooth to give commands to phone, phone sends audio and video via hdmi to head unit. The aviv 5000nex is the only nex unit with vga instead of hdmi, and many have had problems getting app radio to work on them. I purchased the cd-ih202 and quickly realized it was not needed. It is just an expensive hdmi cable. a regular hdmi cable can be ran from back of the head unit to glove compartment or where ever you are going to hook up to your phone. Just remember if it is iPhone and you are using a/v adapter, the lightning to usb cable has to be hooked up to a charging device, whether it is usb1, usb2 on your head unit or to a car charger. If you hook up to usb1, and you try to use usb1 as source, it will give an error saying Non compatible device, because it is only charging the phone, not communicating with the phone. 

Best Buy told me it needs a VGA connection. Now it's making sense since he just installed a 5000NEX in his car, so maybe he got confused with ports on different models of the NEX.

So for AppRadio mode (also for the record I can't seem to stream music via Bluetooth, only via iPod1), I can't stream and charge simultaneously? I have an iPhone 5s.

One other thing: when I turn on the car, a Nissan Altima Coupe, the radio turns on but gives me an error message. Something like "unable to detect auto connection, retry?" Can't fix. Thanks for the help.

In AppRadio mode, you can stream only using one of the compatible AppRadio Apps. I also have 5s, but my music is in the cloud, using google music and iTunes match. I have 32 gb sd card with the music i listen to, so i do not stream any music. I think CarPlay will change the way we use our Nex units and with AppRadio being so quirky, it won't be used that much. 

If you don't use Appradio mode often, just plug in your phone to usb1, you will charge your phone, stream from your phone, Pandora, Aha and of course your hands free bluetooth phone.

The "unable to detect auto connection" error, I think has to do with auto connecting to your iPhone. If you go to settings and set a pairing code for your iPhone(other than 0000), you will have a more reliable phone connection. 

The main reason I want to use AppRadio mode is for Waze, since for some reason I can't search addresses in the built in navigation (and I believe Waze is an app optimized for AppRadio. There isn't a way I can truly share my screen with it, is there? Like ARunchained?

Unfortunately mirroring is only allowed on android, or a jailbroke iphone. If you hook up the phone thru the hdmi connection, it will mirror the screen, understand it will be the same size as the phone screen on the head unit. You have to choose hdmi as the source, you will not have touch control on the screen it will just mirror what is on the phone. I would just as soon use appradio for waze(i do use appradio and have all the compatible apps). So far it has been posted, that waze does not intend to support carplay, but who really knows. 

Appradio is slow and hard to get to connect sometimes, but I use waze all the time and it works just fine.

Do you use Waze via AppRadio mode or using a lighting USB port from the back of the head unit? When in AppRadio mode, is the screen still "touchable" or is it all controlled via the phone?